Stock Windshield Height
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Windshield Height

Stock Windshield Height

Could someone tell me the height of the stock windshield on a 2013? From the bottom of the sealing gasket on the fairing to the top of the shield. I have done some searches on this forum and Google, but no mention of this measurement. Mine has a 16 1/2” shield with a vent which is okay for winter but too tall and hot for the 90s we experience here in the Carolinas. So would like to find a lower shield and wanted to know this stock measurement. Thanks.

I have a stock windshield that I would sell.
    Make me an offer

Stock height is approx 6” on an F6b if I remember right. You’ll take a lot of wind and bugs to the face if you’re not wearing a helmet.

Go with Madstad instead. It is like having 3 windshields in one, with a huge adjustable cooling vent.
    Phantom may still have one for sale. That is where I got mine.
    Albuquerque, NM

I've had a 2013 and a 2016. The stock windshields were slightly different on both. I need to dig them out to be sure but I think the 2016 was a bit taller. It also may have different graphics.

I have a 2013 and will check tonight if someone else hasn’t by then.

I "LOVE" my Baggershield Adjustable windshield for the exact problem you're wanting to fix. First, I'm 6'3" with an Ultimate King seat. At full the full 19" height I'm protected on the highway and stay warmer out the wind in winter. At the lower 12" height I get a comfortable amount of wind in my face which goes down my face and chest to cool me in summer.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

FWIW... 6", 7", etc. any stock shield height in that range certainliy looks cool... but doesn't afford much in the way of protection, especially if one is going to go long rides at higher speeds. I went with a dark smoke, 14" flared Klockwerks shield. I'm 5'10" and only get a small amount of helmet buffeting when at 60+ mph.

2021-07-19_11-35-39.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I "LOVE" my Baggershield Adjustable windshield for the exact problem you're wanting to fix. First, I'm 6'3" with an Ultimate King seat. At full the full 19" height I'm protected on the highway and stay warmer out the wind in winter. At the lower 12" height I get a comfortable amount of wind in my face which goes down my face and chest to cool me in summer.
    i loved my Baggersheild too, but thought there was better. went to the Madstad. Much better!

+1 on the MadStad
    ITS ALL GOOD