Stock Windshield Height - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock Windshield Height

The other think I love about the Baggershield is how it looks when the clear extension is down behind the dark smoked base shield. I'm not so much into the look of the M--Stad with it's supports and rails.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
    FWIW... 6", 7", etc. any stock shield height in that range certainliy looks cool... but doesn't afford much in the way of protection, especially if one is going to go long rides at higher speeds. I went with a dark smoke, 14" flared Klockwerks shield. I'm 5'10" and only get a small amount of helmet buffeting when at 60+ mph.

Attachment 8037
    The Klockwerks is pricey, but the protection is surprisingly good for the height. The curve at the top must help a lot. It's also the best looking shield you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    The Klockwerks is pricey, but the protection is surprisingly good for the height. The curve at the top must help a lot. It's also the best looking shield you can buy.
    Yup... I too think it a great mix of protection and style...

F6B 2017-09-16 07.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OlyF6B; 07-21-2021 at 09:30 PM.

I went from the Bagger Shield without the flip up to a 14” klockwerks. I was able to back the radio volume down to 15 with AVC set at medium. Took away almost all the buffeting. I do catch bugs and other debris in the face from time to time.

Tourer in answer to your question vertical from bottom of seal to top of the screen is 5". Along the the angle of the screen it is 7.5".The wind off the screen at 60mph hits at forehead level (I an 6'1")