DD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD

DD

Put on a BT46 the latest and maybe greatest, time will tell, so far so good, complete overhaul for me from last month, Pirelli RF in the rear and BT 46 upfront, Progressive monotubes, and fork brace, anti-dive washer, all balls bearing.

First impressions, rides like a champ, solid, and no issues with turning and or in twisties.

I report back 30.000 miles from now, sometime next year or sooner.
    Last edited by maxrider; 08-03-2021 at 01:30 AM.

If size matters

For those who are into sizes, my buddy JJ wanted to know if the BT46 was wider than stock G704, it looked wider.

So with the caliper, he determined that the BT46 is 3/8 inch wider than stock, and I have 41 Pounds in the tire and he has 40 Pounds in his stock 130/70/18 G709.

So 200+ miles on front and done some twisties and city riding and slab construction pavement, the BT46 front tire feels the same to me as OEM G709 I had previously.

So reading an older post by Bob109
    It seems that the new BT46 is 5/8 wider than BT45, based upon current measurement and old.

The BT45 is an excellent tire! Once mounted it is 1/4" narrower than the OEM tire! That said it is a "corner carver"! Great handling in the curves and the straights, you'll have no regrets with the Ax. Make sure you keep the pressure at 40 psi or slightly above and you'll get great overall mileage!

Ride Safe

bob109

Wow, that is a leap in width.
    Last edited by maxrider; 07-22-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Quick update, did about 400 miles today, of which about 150 or so were twisties on Hwy 243 and 74 and surrounding county roads, and different asphalt and concrete slabs, the temperature outside ranged from low 82 to 110, tire pressure at start front was 41 and topped out at 44, rear start 32 and topped out at warmest part of the day at 36.
    Top speed 120, and the bike was very stable with the new rubber.
    Conclusion: VERY happy with the selection, looking forward to my upcoming CC 2400 miles ride and whatever many miles on the return trip.
    Last edited by maxrider; 08-04-2021 at 11:11 PM. Reason: incomplete

Update this tread with the current info, so having sold my previous F6B and now having the same tire set up on my current F6b I have done approx 17K miles between the above-mentioned tires setup.

The only thing I have changed over the ownership of the tires is that since the past 5K miles is that I have adjusted my tire pressures to read 40 front and 40 rear, it keeps the tire cooler, and the ride is not so mushy.

Max, did you mount the BT-46 in reverse rotation?
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Mike, I mounted it non-reverse, works well for me, and I've been in some heavy rain showers in the Mid West, there are riders who insist on the reverse and it works for them.

I do not think it should make much of a difference.

Just love that extra rubber up front.

Thanks, I wonder what is the advantages/logic to mounting it reverse, I remember Drive Jehu mentioned it.

Yup I recall his post, this is what it was:

Can't believe I ever debated which direction to mount it, there are some in depth post out there that made me think about actually running it backwards (scientific data no less ). In the end mike neal suggested he was pleased mounting his the correct direction to swipe water. That rang true and I followed suit.

I kinda went with the same thinking, and without "scientific data" other than common sense .

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Yup I recall his post, this is what it was:

Can't believe I ever debated which direction to mount it, there are some in depth post out there that made me think about actually running it backwards (scientific data no less ). In the end mike neal suggested he was pleased mounting his the correct direction to swipe water. That rang true and I followed suit.

I kinda went with the same thinking, and without "scientific data" other than common sense .
    That's good enough for me, I have to change it so I'll give it a go. Did you have a dealer do it, seems they would have a problem mounting it on the front

We did it ourselves in the garage, we have a tire change machine, but in terms of difficulty, the same as standard OEM tire, cycle gear, and other, etc shop for MC do it, makes no difference to them.