Best road yet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best road yet

Best road yet

For me, that is. I’m currently in Red Lodge, MT. We’re on our excursion. I rode Rt14/14alt today from Ranchester, WY to Lovell, Wyoming. For me, I repeat, it was the best ride I’ve ever done and I’ve ridden the Smokies multiple times. It was smooth, steep, winding curves, low to no traffic, no pressure, I rode my ride. Not sure anyone here has done it, maybe so, but I was very impressed. Tomorrow is Beartooth Pass to Yellowstone. Wish me luck on that one. Could be the toughest test I’ve had to date.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I went to Arkansas for the 4th of July week. On the observed holiday of Monday, July 5th...The traffic was minimal, there wasn't a cloud in the sky but it had rained a few days before so the temperature was lower than normal, and I didn't see a pothole or road snake all day. We went up and down Mount Magazine on 309, the Pig Trail on 23, and back around to Clarksville on 16 then 21. BEST RIDE EVER! and I do the Central Texas Three Twisted Sisters all the time.

Hope you Enjoy your ride today as much.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

The roads through Wyoming's Bighorn range are awesome. 14a is the best, but 16 is great too. Very little traffic and good pavement make them better. And Wyoming's posted speed limits are so high that you'd need to work hard to get a ticket.

Beartooth is at least as good. What a pair of rides! Hopefully you don't get snowed on.

You guys are killing me.

Did Beartooth today, scared the crap out of me, but awesome. Didn’t snow, but there was snow out there and it was cold, in the upper 40’s at at over 10,000 feet! Went through Yellowstone, had to veer around Buffalo, and saw Old Faithful. Rode past Grand Tetons, awesome view, but just a road to get to Jackson, WY, where we are for the night. Colorado should be next for a few days.

Get ready for some rain in the Colorado high country. Also check road closures. Currently I-70 in Glenwood Canyon is closed as well as US-50 near Gunnison.

Beartooth is an incredible ride.... I long for a return to do that all over again. Safe travels!!

Looking at weather now. It’s iffy for sure. We’re in Montrose now

Yep, kind of a wet Colorado day. It will change by morning!

Great meeting you Dave. Glad you stopped. What a coincidence how that happened. Did MDH. No tougher than Beartooth in my opinion. My friend and I split in Durango. He was ready to head back. I’m halfway to Houston to see my sister. Only 99 degrees down there today lol.