Best road yet - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best road yet

Small World

I was in Montrose yesterday for my mom's memorial service. She died on Christmas Eve, but yesterday was a very special day in her life so we all decided months ago she'd like that date for the memorial.

Montrose is 300 miles away so I got a room at the Red Arrow motel. Hotels were full so my kids ended up across the street at the Black Canyon motel. Some Valkyrie riders will remember these places as the Colorado High Country Cruisers held several rallies at both locations.

As I was pulling into the parking lot to meet my kids I noticed a white F6B with a Massachusetts plate. Could that be the guy who started this thread? It sure was. What a small world! Wayne, I enjoyed meeting and talking with you.

I’m home from my excursion. Final numbers are, 7,176 miles, and 27 states actually ridden in, even if partly. The bike performed flawlessly. I complained about the cruise control, but that’s been an issue on all F6B’s to my knowledge, so this wasn’t anything that just popped up. It magnified because of the magnitude of the ride. All in all, thrilled.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.