New owner 1st impressions

Thread: New owner 1st impressions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The lag in the cruise is an easy fix. On my F6B I was able to access the cable to adjust by just lifting up the plastic on the right side of the handlebar. A little tight to access, but not bad.

The adjuster is located straight down the right side of the ignition key about 5 inches or so. You have to peel back the right plastic guard under the ignition to get to it. It helps to have a second person to hold the plastic back and shine a trouble light on the adjuster. It looks just like the throttle adjuster above the throttle, a long nut to adjust and a small nut to lock the long nut. Just adjust the long nut away from the short nut to reduce the lag. If you adjust the long nut as far as it will go, the bike will actually increase speed by 2 mph when you hit the set button. And it doesn't do it slowly either, the bike will jump. So don't go that far.

Additional info. The lock nut is a 10MM and the long nut is an 8MM. You may have to experiment to get the adjustment the way you want it. On my bike I backed the long nut away from the lock nut 4 full turns. Give yourself plenty of time to do this as you might have to test the setting a couple of times. The bike can be driven without putting the shelter back in place. Take it for a test ride, check the setting of the cruise control. Make further adjustments as required. Reassemble everything once you get it where you want it.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 07-30-2021 at 09:08 PM.