New owner 1st impressions

Thread: New owner 1st impressions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On my 2016 Deluxe (bought 2017), I found a gently used Saddleman seat that on the "Net' didn't show fitment for a 2016. The person I bought it from stated that it had come off of a 2016. So I rolled the dice and basically it fit 99.99%. The mounting holes are "just a smidge off" so that the OEM mounting bolts are very difficult - if not impossible to use. I did some 'Net' research and found others had purchased some Showchrome Tapered Bolts. (I painted the heads flat black prior to install.) These still required some patience to get a good alignment and I was very careful to not strip the threads. I really like the Saddleman seat. I can do 400+ miles a day w/o getting monkey butt.
    2021-07-29_11-32-20.jpg

The first time I had the seat off I tapered the ends of the screws. The threaded holes felt rough while turning the screws out so cleaning the threads and tapering did the trick.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    The first time I had the seat off I tapered the ends of the screws. The threaded holes felt rough while turning the screws out so cleaning the threads and tapering did the trick.
    Yes I did the same thing.
    The first time take some patients to get the seat on correctly but now the seat comes off and on very easily.

Thanks Oly...I'm in for the showchrome tapered bolts! Thank you for taking the time to post a pic! Last night I was hot and not quite ready for bed...took the F6B out for a nice cool night ride...only 30 min but it was refreshing and comfortable.