New owner 1st impressions - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New owner 1st impressions

Excellent; Thank you!

Thanks Oly...I'm in for the showchrome tapered bolts! Thank you for taking the time to post a pic! Last night I was hot and not quite ready for bed...took the F6B out for a nice cool night ride...only 30 min but it was refreshing and comfortable.

[QUOTE=SeaSteve;186614]I DONT THINK SO!!! I'm fine without reverse but LOVE my cruise control.

I bet if I get on longer rides I'll want the cruise. But I didn't notice it driving the 8 hours from Las Vegas to Carson City. But I did break it up into 2 easy days.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Well here’s more then lol…..I hate two things on this trip of mine. First, cement highways are absolutely the worst to ride on. Up and down constantly for miles and noisy. Worse than my roads up north, and that’s bad. 2nd, who has the cruise control fix for these older F6B’s? Mine is going to kill me with the delay issue. I swear at times it takes a half mile for the thing to connect.
    Nonsense. You're on an iron horse. Look what the Pony Express had to put up with during their jaunts across the prairies. Indian country and such.

Consider yerself fortunate for the padded seat, shocks and heated grips.
    Last edited by willtill; 07-30-2021 at 07:02 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The F6B cruise control rocks. It does come in handy when you want to shake yer right hand for a bit.

All of those cheap cruise control solutions have their moment, but the integrated F6B cruise control is mighty nice to have if you call on it.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Nonsense. You're on an iron horse. Look what the Pony Express had to put up with during their jaunts across the prairies. Indian country and such.

Consider yerself fortunate for the padded seat, shocks and heated grips.
    I see the green smile, but I stand behind my statement ��
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I see the green smile, but I stand behind my statement ��
    This generation has it waaaaaay too easy.

You just wait for the Great Reset. Thermonuclear explosions and all. We'll all be happy just to find a 5hp Briggs & Stratton minibike to ride.
    Last edited by willtill; 07-30-2021 at 08:05 PM.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

The lag in the cruise is an easy fix. On my F6B I was able to access the cable to adjust by just lifting up the plastic on the right side of the handlebar. A little tight to access, but not bad.

The adjuster is located straight down the right side of the ignition key about 5 inches or so. You have to peel back the right plastic guard under the ignition to get to it. It helps to have a second person to hold the plastic back and shine a trouble light on the adjuster. It looks just like the throttle adjuster above the throttle, a long nut to adjust and a small nut to lock the long nut. Just adjust the long nut away from the short nut to reduce the lag. If you adjust the long nut as far as it will go, the bike will actually increase speed by 2 mph when you hit the set button. And it doesn't do it slowly either, the bike will jump. So don't go that far.

Additional info. The lock nut is a 10MM and the long nut is an 8MM. You may have to experiment to get the adjustment the way you want it. On my bike I backed the long nut away from the lock nut 4 full turns. Give yourself plenty of time to do this as you might have to test the setting a couple of times. The bike can be driven without putting the shelter back in place. Take it for a test ride, check the setting of the cruise control. Make further adjustments as required. Reassemble everything once you get it where you want it.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 07-30-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glengarrygr View Post
    I feel adopted.
    Awww,

Just what I was looking for, thanks!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.