New owner 1st impressions - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New owner 1st impressions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maxrider; After reading your post I looked at several vids of Two Brothers; thank you...I may then just keep the Cobra 6 pipes given this post I found: "The Torq Loopz will eliminate the drone sound on any aftermarket muffler system & will sound that much better with torq loopz. However, installing torq loopz involves removing the crossover pipe and the 2 cat converters."
    Last edited by glengarrygr; 07-25-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glengarrygr View Post
    ~Snip~
    Record high temps. Saturday it reached 118. I saved my arse by reading a bit about surviving a desert run in the heat. A trick that saved me: one bag of ice between my thin leather jacket and my wicking t-shirt, plus another on my handlebars...both bags picked with holes from a pen. The ice water cooled me well. The bags last about an hour. It was essential for comfort.
    ~Snip~
    Interesting. Can you explain more about a bag of ice on the handlebars? I've never heard of that hot weather technique before...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

HI willtill. I spent 12 years in Silver Spring, MD. I hadn't heard of the ice bag trick either. I found it looking for survival tips. But trust me it worked. The turbulence in that area of the bike resulted in a continuous sprinkle of ice cold water droplets on the face (Shark full face helmet with movable jaw part slid to back) and neck...I let the jack zipper down 1/3 to let water drops hit chest too. I could vary it by the number and size of the punctured holes. I also kept a cube in my mouth. The bag stayed in place perfectly. Here is a pic.
    11934D45-3713-420F-AC38-A911F36479C3.jpg
    Last edited by glengarrygr; 07-26-2021 at 12:10 AM.

HI willtill. I spent 12 years in Silver Spring, MD. I hadn't heard of the ice bag trick either. I found it looking for survival tips. But trust me it worked. The turbulence in that area of the bike resulted in a continuous sprinkle of ice cold water droplets on the face (Shark full face helmet with movable jaw part slid to back) and neck. I could vary it by the number and size of the punctured holes. I also kept a cube in my mouth. The bag stayed in place perfectly. Here is a pic.
    11934D45-3713-420F-AC38-A911F36479C3.jpg
    How interesting. Will keep that idea in the ol'e bag of tricks!

By the way, welcome to the forum.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I saw that a few years ago. A couple on a Harley came out of a liquor store with only a bag of ice. I had to ask, and the woman said they tied it to the handlebars and punched holes in it. They had no windshield but apparently it worked.

Congrats on the new to you bike, glengarrygr. I suspect you won't be disappointed.

I did a fly-n-ride to pick mine up when I bought it new in July 2014. Flew out, picked her up and rode her home. It's a great way to get to know the bike.

Good luck with the relo.

Yes rdbonds, what a way to get to know the bike. I did 6 hours in that heat and it took my energy away. I stopped overnight and finished the trip the next morning. Our family is relocating to Alpharetta...I see you are only 1 hour from me. We will have to meet up with other F6B riders. Must be at least a few in Atlanta area.

Welcome to the F6B family. I'm fairly new here myself but I love the bike and the ride. It satisfying to have the comfort & reliability of a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Welcome to the F6B family. I'm fairly new here myself but I love the bike and the ride. It satisfying to have the comfort & reliability of a Honda.
    I feel adopted.

I feel adopted.
    Awww,