New owner 1st impressions - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New owner 1st impressions

836D6CC4-A540-40E9-9110-C350260F7844.jpeg
    And it didn’t look this good at night lol

I think I hijacked this guys thread enough!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Hello all .. although I've been a forum member for a couple of years, I just purchased an F6B (still can't call it Goldwing) last week. Tons of new holdover 2018's in the pipeline the last couple of years, but buyers went into panic mode this year and gobbled up all the inventory. Most of the used ones had some pretty wild looking accessories, so had to get a 2021. Sold my Victory Vision earlier last week and then pulled the trigger. Would have been happy with a DCT or Manual, but ended up with the Manual.

IMG_1550.jpg
    Last edited by GeorgeJetson; 07-26-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Glad you found the F6B to your liking. I, like you, have owned just about every kind of motorcycle and love the F6b. I still have 4 Harleys and an Indian. I don’t see parting with the B until I stop riding. Too comfortable and too much fun on longer rides. Stock except a Klockworks screen and a Corbin seat. Good luck with your new ride.

Welcome to the F6B forum. good info here. Exhaust noise is a personal choice. Some like loud, others not so. So, if you don't like the cobra sound, don't blame Honda, just get something different. Also same with seats. Everyone's ass is different size and shape. Just sit on a few different brands. and absorb any info about aftermarket seats and make your choice. Pipes and seats do not define this fabulous F6B. This bike can deliver great rides on the main routes, back roads, twistys, switchbacks, or whatever you feel like throwing at it. The more you ride it, the better it gets!

Great photos...and what a memorable trip.

hijack all ya want. I love riding stories. I find the reading of other's stories is great therapy....

Man I love that look. The newer model looks like something out of the future. I wonder what the ride difference is between the F6B and 2018+.

Well here’s more then lol…..I hate two things on this trip of mine. First, cement highways are absolutely the worst to ride on. Up and down constantly for miles and noisy. Worse than my roads up north, and that’s bad. 2nd, who has the cruise control fix for these older F6B’s? Mine is going to kill me with the delay issue. I swear at times it takes a half mile for the thing to connect.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    if you don't like the cobra sound, don't blame Honda, just get something different. Also same with seats.
    Agree; I was referring to the specific set-up in the F6B I purchased. I was not clear about that. Another poster told me the drone sound is eliminated with the Torq Loopz mod...I'll do that. I don't mind loud...I do mind a horrible drone noise. As far as seat...I'm still confused as to why the Saddlemen RoadSofa is advertised as fitting only 2014-2017. I even wrote to them and they said no go on the 2013. Add to that posts of some having difficulty with the install.... I could order it and they said they would take it back if it didn't it. Just absorb shipping costs...which are high for such a large item. Despite these two items to address, I really love this F6B and it encourages me to take longer rides.

Two things I feel the F6B don't need: Cruise and reverse. I use the $10 plastic palm-rest and find it super comfortable to enable wrist relaxation. I'm only 5'7" and I back the bike up fine.