New owner 1st impressions - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New owner 1st impressions

I never use cruise, but, on a 7,000 mile trip you have to, trust me on this. I love to be on the grip, but on long days you need more of a break.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by glengarrygr View Post
    Agree; I was referring to the specific set-up in the F6B I purchased. I was not clear about that. Another poster told me the drone sound is eliminated with the Torq Loopz mod...I'll do that. I don't mind loud...I do mind a horrible drone noise. As far as seat...I'm still confused as to why the Saddlemen RoadSofa is advertised as fitting only 2014-2017. I even wrote to them and they said no go on the 2013. Add to that posts of some having difficulty with the install.... I could order it and they said they would take it back if it didn't it. Just absorb shipping costs...which are high for such a large item. Despite these two items to address, I really love this F6B and it encourages me to take longer rides.
    I’m not an expert but I would bet the seat will fit a 2013 F6B, Honda didn’t change anything on the newer models.
    Ultimate, Mustang, and Corbin are also the options

Agree; I was referring to the specific set-up in the F6B I purchased. I was not clear about that. Another poster told me the drone sound is eliminated with the Torq Loopz mod...I'll do that. I don't mind loud...I do mind a horrible drone noise. As far as seat...I'm still confused as to why the Saddlemen RoadSofa is advertised as fitting only 2014-2017. I even wrote to them and they said no go on the 2013. Add to that posts of some having difficulty with the install.... I could order it and they said they would take it back if it didn't it. Just absorb shipping costs...which are high for such a large item. Despite these two items to address, I really love this F6B and it encourages me to take longer rides.
    You can purchase a set of "tapered seat bolts" which makes installing the seat much easier. Check on our forum venders web site for these. Not expensive.

Two things I feel the F6B don't need: Cruise and reverse.

I DONT THINK SO!!! I'm fine without reverse but LOVE my cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Well here’s more then lol…(W)ho has the cruise control fix for these older F6B’s? Mine is going to kill me with the delay issue. I swear at times it takes a half mile for the thing to connect.
    I've got the AngleRideVideos from Fred Harmon which have an adjustment solution for the cruise control "lag." I'm planning on doing the adjustment when I clean the air filter in a month or so, 32K miles. The adjustment is probably available in an older post but I'll try to provide it here when I get a chance to watch it.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I DONT THINK SO!!! I'm fine without reverse but LOVE my cruise control.
    I completely agree. I miss a few things from my 2013, like the quiet pipes and the non-cancelling turn signals. But I can overlook those because the cruise control is so nice. I've never had it before and didn't realize what a difference it makes on a long trip.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I completely agree. I miss a few things from my 2013, like the quiet pipes and the non-cancelling turn signals. But I can overlook those because the cruise control is so nice. I've never had it before and didn't realize what a difference it makes on a long trip.
    I do love the cruise control on my Deluxe, although with my inseam being only 28" I could really use that reverse when trying to back up up even the smallest of hills.

On my 2016 Deluxe (bought 2017), I found a gently used Saddleman seat that on the "Net' didn't show fitment for a 2016. The person I bought it from stated that it had come off of a 2016. So I rolled the dice and basically it fit 99.99%. The mounting holes are "just a smidge off" so that the OEM mounting bolts are very difficult - if not impossible to use. I did some 'Net' research and found others had purchased some Showchrome Tapered Bolts. (I painted the heads flat black prior to install.) These still required some patience to get a good alignment and I was very careful to not strip the threads. I really like the Saddleman seat. I can do 400+ miles a day w/o getting monkey butt.
    2021-07-29_11-32-20.jpg

The first time I had the seat off I tapered the ends of the screws. The threaded holes felt rough while turning the screws out so cleaning the threads and tapering did the trick.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    The first time I had the seat off I tapered the ends of the screws. The threaded holes felt rough while turning the screws out so cleaning the threads and tapering did the trick.
    Yes I did the same thing.
    The first time take some patients to get the seat on correctly but now the seat comes off and on very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I’m not an expert but I would bet the seat will fit a 2013 F6B, Honda didn’t change anything on the newer models.
    Ultimate, Mustang, and Corbin are also the options
    Yes..I've had 4 different Corbins over the years, The Ultimate is a maybe, and the Mustang would be a second choice, but the Road Sofa from Saddlemen looked the best from what I can see...had great reviews. I agree with you...I even told the rep that replied to me that there is no difference on the 2013. I'll try it and wrestle it on there.