Wear your gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wear your gear

Wear your gear

Started a two week tour on June 12th to visit the Civil War battlefields. First one we visited Tupelo Mississippi battlefield. The next morning we were headed to visit Chickamauga however as we were going through Gadsden Alabama. Stopped at red light a speeding pickup unable to stop tried to pass between my F6B and the vehicle on my right. He hit both of us. I was hit on the right side from saddlebag all the way down right side damage to every thing on that side. I was struck on my right side and thrown approximately 30 feet. I have 2 broken ribs and bruises all the way down right side. Took hard hit to back of head. I was wearing my Arai helmet which saved my head rest of my riding gear saved me from any road rash. Bike has been totaled frame damage and damage estimate of over $17,000. ATGATT

I'm about healed and looking for another Goldwing!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hope yo get well soon and find a great replacement F6B.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I’m in total agreement. I’ve been hit three times, hospitalized twice, and am still here because of the gear. I just got back from the 7,176 mile trip through over 90 degree heat and never took off one piece. Glad you’re ok. The bike can always be replaced, not you.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

BlueF6B - I'm sorry to hear about your incident, but glad to hear you are okay. Thanks for sharing.

I agree, ATGATT.

BlueF6B-glad you made it alive, fully agree on ATGATT, even got the Helite on top of it, hope I never ever use it, but you are a daily reminder of the protection we need.

Yes, glad you survived! I hope that dumb ass in the truck goes to jail, or at least has to pay all you medical bills and pay for a new cycle for you!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Yes, glad you survived! I hope that dumb ass in the truck goes to jail, or at least has to pay all you medical bills and pay for a new cycle for you!
    It depends on how much insurance he carried. Money doesn’t grow on trees unfortunately.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Glad your OK, the bike can be replaced.

Glad you are recovering.... and not afraid to get back on the horse. As a former motor patrolman told me a long time ago... "Dress for the fall...." (not the season).

After my flip, there were many different feelings and thoughts. Had to deal with loved ones telling me I was lucky to be alive and not to ride again.
    At first while I was still in a bit of shock I would agree with them just to calm them.
    But as I healed the urge started coming back. I was a bit apprehensive at first. But in time it all comes back and the new normal sets in.
    Let go of your emotions and use the force.
    Glad to hear your ok.
    ITS ALL GOOD