Bt-46 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bt-46

tenxxx what happened with your BT46?

Did you get it replaced?

Still waiting for them to tell me what their gonna do. The tire got there Friday.
    I told them to just send me another tire in the note I sent with the tire.
    The B is sitting there waiting.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Got the new BT46 replacement tire today. Will have it mounted tomorrow.
    I put the wheel on my balancer to find the heavy spot with no tire.
    The tire store that mounted the last one, replaced the stem with a straight one after I told them not to.
    That put the heavy spot 90 degrees opposite of the stem at 3/4oz.
    The wheels are designed to use the 90 degree stem that mounts with rubber washers and nuts. According to the Honda mechanic I talked to today.
    This makes the heavy spot at the stem. So they always put the yellow spot on the tire at the stem.
    With the right stem on my particular wheel, the heavy spot is still opposite the stem by 1/8oz.
    I marked it so we'll see what he does with it tomorrow.
    As long as he can balance it, its all good. He has a nice automatic spin balancer.
    If later on it needs more balancing, I'll add some beads.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Update on the replacement BT46. It is worse than the first one!
    It is a bias ply tire so its not gonna ride that good.
    In my personal opinion, Its JUNK.
    Even if it was on the back of the right bike, the right application, You would still feel the bounce.
    The stealer dealer charged me $66 to mount and balance it.
    It has 2oz of weights on it and still needed another half oz when I checked it at home on my balancer. But I didnt add any weight to it.
    I wanted to ride it as is.
    Im gonna call Denis Kirk tomorrow and beg for mercy and hope they give me a refund and buy a set of OEM tires.
    Im done......
    ITS ALL GOOD

Wow, you got some bad results, although I'm not sure if your reference to Bias-ply tire is all that accurate, because there is a lot of folks riding them in that fashion, and you are the first person I have seen posted that is having issues and pointing at Bias potentially being the issue?

But each his own, DD for me without ANY bounce, beats OEM any day, and glad to not have the issues you had/have.
    Good luck with your future travels.

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Update on the replacement BT46. It is worse than the first one!
    It is a bias ply tire so its not gonna ride that good.
    In my personal opinion, Its JUNK.
    Even if it was on the back of the right bike, the right application, You would still feel the bounce.
    The stealer dealer charged me $66 to mount and balance it.
    It has 2oz of weights on it and still needed another half oz when I checked it at home on my balancer. But I didnt add any weight to it.
    I wanted to ride it as is.
    Im gonna call Denis Kirk tomorrow and beg for mercy and hope they give me a refund and buy a set of OEM tires.
    Im done......
    Man I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with this tire. Zero problems with mine thankfully. The shop that installed mine balanced it, then I added "Ride On" for puncture resistance and balancing.
    It seems like manufacturing and shipping are both falling apart right now. I'm told tires for Bushtec trailers are unavailable and may stay that way for quite some time. No one seems to have enough workers and there are/were shortages of some basic items necessary to industry. I don't know that this has anything to do your problems with these tires but it might. I've certainly seen a drop in quality and timely arrival of many items needed in industry.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I shipped the second bad tire back and ordered an OEM for the front. Should have it done by this weekend.
    The second one like the first had a flat spot about 4" long.
    Ive spent at least $150 mounting and unmounting. Still have to pay to have the next one mounted.
    I asked them if they were having problems with this tire and got no real answer.
    By the way, Denis Kirk is owned by Drag Specialties.
    Will be selling it this spring. I think its a little late this year. But if any of you are serious I will give you the details.
    ITS ALL GOOD