klockworks 18 inch shield

Thread: klockworks 18 inch shield

klockworks 18 inch shield

I recently purchased a Klocksworks 18 inch shield which I love with the vent. I hadn't ridden my bike at night in a long time and the other night I decided to ride out after dark and noticed the new shield had these small for what ever reason I will call bubbles in the plastic. The shield is as smooth as glass on both sides but in spots there are these bubbles in the glass that are unbearable at night with the reflection of lights. There is nothing on the shield itself that you can feel with you touch but you can see them at night but they are less noticeable in sun light.

Is there anyway to get rid of the bubbles. This shield is tinted but the anomaly is more visible at night. Any ideas how I can correct.

Manufacturing defect. I think you'll just have to live with it. Give it time and you'll probably stop noticing it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If you recently purchased it maybe they'll replace it if you send a good photo. I have a 14" KW that's flawless. Their shields are great but fairly expensive and you shouldn't have to live with flaws.

What Dave said. Get ahold of whoever you bought it from and see what they will do. It may work to get it in a dark room and have a flashlight or some sort of light in front of it to make it more visible.

If the vendor doesn't help maybe call them directly. Their website is at: getklocked.com