still have my f6b 2013, haven't been here in years.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: still have my f6b 2013, haven't been here in years..

Glad you guys are still going on the forum. I still call my 2013 F6B my new bike to my family. 68 years old also & think I'm 30 years younger while I'm riding. It's 8pm & I think I'll go for an evening ride for a few hours. Cooled off 2 88 degrees & it's nice out. Best y'all!

Ya, some of us are still haunting this forum. I wonder where did everyone else go though?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Still checking the boards a couple of times a week. Got a lot of info here for upgrading the bike over the years. Just riding and enjoying my ride. Safe travels to all.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya, some of us are still haunting this forum. I wonder where did everyone else go though?

I still check in fairly regularly. Was somewhat surprised there wasn't a lot of discussion about together for our annual "rally".
    Last edited by F6Pilot; 09-25-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post

I still check in fairly regularly. Was somewhat surprised there wasn't a lot of discussion about together for our annual "rally".
    COVID concerns hit hard last year, and the residual effect carried through this year . The 2020 rally was very small in comparison to previous ones. I think our chief organizer(s) are a little burned out from orchestrating them (it's a lot of effort coupled with their regular lives and occupations). Maybe next year when the COVID finally blows over and if we have a resemblance of a somewhat functioning country left, we can maybe plan out something in that late summer/autumn.

Me, myself, and I are going to attempt a Saddle Sore 1000 next week. I've always wanted to attain membership in the IBA so very likely I will be heading out somewhere just to get that done. Weather looks good next week for me. And I'm pretty much retired now so the world is my oyster.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Will, understood on the COVID. I am actually still dealing with the aftermath myself. I spent a few weeks in the hospital and would not have made it this year anyway.

If there is no interest in gathering next year, I may scoot up to Rick's SE Ohio event. Looks like he consistently has a pretty good turnout.

Did the Saddle Sore last year with three other riders. Didn't ever send in the info and join but it was fun ride.

Still hanging in there. Have not done a lot of riding this year because we moved to TN and been busy on that.

Hey Will, if you do the Saddle Sore and get close to south east TN, you are welcome to stop by the new place.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Will, understood on the COVID. I am actually still dealing with the aftermath myself. I spent a few weeks in the hospital and would not have made it this year anyway.

If there is no interest in gathering next year, I may scoot up to Rick's SE Ohio event. Looks like he consistently has a pretty good turnout.

Did the Saddle Sore last year with three other riders. Didn't ever send in the info and join but it was fun ride.
    Oh, I didn't know you had complications from COVID. I hope you are well on the mend, and stay on good health.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Still hanging in there. Have not done a lot of riding this year because we moved to TN and been busy on that.

Hey Will, if you do the Saddle Sore and get close to south east TN, you are welcome to stop by the new place.
    Wow! I thought you were still up in New York area! How exciting to be in Tennessee. Me and the wife want to move down there or the Carolina's in a few years. Not decided yet but we don't want to stay here in Maryland after she retires. Shoot, I'd already be gone down south if I wasn't waiting for her to finish up her career.

I am still unsure of my destination for my first documented Saddle Sore run. But I surely would like to see that area you're in and pick your brain about the particulars. Thanks for the invite! I'll PM ya if I'm heading your way.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Oh, I didn't know you had complications from COVID. I hope you are well on the mend, and stay on good health.
    Thanks Will. It's been a tough couple of months but I am getting there.