Saddle Sore 1000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddle Sore 1000

Saddle Sore 1000

Finally did it on 9/10. Northern CO to Southern CA. Last part was a grind as it was over 105 for the last 300 miles. Rode approximately 1,112 miles in a bit under 15 hours. Only need to do that once. The B performed flawlessly as expected.

Congrats on your accomplishment, you joined the club of "worlds toughest riders" allright.

Yup my B never left any doubt she would perform, taking her on a 50CC in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Finally did it on 9/10. Northern CO to Southern CA. Last part was a grind as it was over 105 for the last 300 miles. Rode approximately 1,112 miles in a bit under 15 hours. Only need to do that once. The B performed flawlessly as expected.
    Nice! How did you prepare for it? I've been thinking about doing one, although I don't think I'm ready for super slabbing it for that long, I'd usually prefer doing 300-400 miles on back roads than any super slabs

I ride regularly and before I bought the B done rides of 750 miles+ on my Street Glide which is a rattle trap compared to this bike. I’ve driven the route many times so very familiar with the roads and where I’d be stopping. The biggest deal was going from 39 in Vail to 109 in Vegas. I should of consumed double the amount of water as I was dehydrated after. I was just up the road from you in Manhattan Beach.

Eternalydamd no secret sauce here, my buddy and I just take it into approx 150 Mile stretches, get off getting some gas, bio break, record the receipts, take a picture, and move on.

The B makes it so easy to do 1500 in 24, we both have aftermarket seats(RDL, Legendary), Heli bars, madstads,and DD and current maintenance.

Looks like next week we are doing the 2500 mile San Diego CA to Jacksonville Fl, let you know how it went, knowing the B it is going to be flawless.
    Last edited by maxrider; 09-17-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Eternalydamd no secret sauce here, my buddy and I just take it into approx 150 Mile stretches, get off getting some gas, bio break, record the receipts, take a picture, and move on.

The B makes it so easy to do 1500 in 24, we both have aftermarket seats(RDL, Legendary), Heli bars, madstads,and DD and current maintenance.

Looks like next week we are doing the 2500 mile San Diego CA to Jacksonville Fl, let you know how it went, knowing the B it is going to be flawless.
    Sounds good, can't wait to hear about it, I'll probably need to invest in a new seat at some point, however all the longer rides I've been on so far (6-7 hours on the bike in a day) haven't been too bad after taking all your guy's advice on position and what not.

Yep. Gotta do the Praying Mantis when riding the "B" for long periods

I want to do a Saddle Sore 1000 too. Maybe this fall. I have lots of free time now. Just gotta pick a destination.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Lol Praying Mantis, yea Willtill ride to Kansas City that's about 1000 miler, I ride up from Corona that's about 1600, we meet for a beer, I buy.

Better yet, don't procrastinate, meet me up in Conway AR next week Tuesday in the afternoon for a beer, leave Monday and collect a beer in Conway .
    Last edited by maxrider; 09-20-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Cruise Control!! Better than sliced bread!! To be able to let go for a few seconds and do a quick left (...re-grab the bars...) then right torso twist and stretch is WONDERFUL. In honor of Willtill's post I'll call it a "Seated" Praying Mantis.

Congratulations on joining the club Ewreck!
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Well I am all loaded up and ready to go. I am leaving here from a gas station nearby NLT 0300 hours.

As long as it's not raining, I shall execute. Weather is looking A-Okay.

Heading to Knoxville, Tennessee and back. Google maps says it's 539 miles via I70 to I81 south. So that will put me over a thousand miles when I return. May have to ride around BWI when I get back, to be ABSOLUTELY sure.

May post here in this thread just before I leave with a pic. Depending how groggy I am.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537