Is anyone riding to COTA for the MOTOGP races in 2 weeks?

Thread: Is anyone riding to COTA for the MOTOGP races in 2 weeks?

Is anyone riding to COTA for the MOTOGP races in 2 weeks?

Hello,all,first post here...

A bit of background--5 years ago I had a choice between paying cash for a 2011 Concours14 ABS,or buying an F6B and financing part of it...I absolutely HATE payments,so I went with the Connie...Fast forward to now,my finances are better,I'm now retired,sold the Connie,and I'm looking at getting an F6B,most likely a 2015 in Blue,FWIW...

The only problem I have,living in SW Oregon,is I have never seen one in person...

If anyone from this site is planning to attend the races on their bike,I would be forever grateful if I could get a closeup look at your bike...I don't want to ride it,but I would appreciate an opportunity to sit on it for a minute to see if it fits...

My thoughts on the Connie,and its drawbacks-COG a little high to make slow speed operation comfortable,and the darn thing just wanted me to haul ass all the time,and we have some awesome roads for that here in Oregon...As I get older I see a definite need to not have a bike like that...

Please contact me by PM or email if you can help me out,there might be free food or drink involved...Thanks for reading,I look forward to being an active member here..

The “6” isn’t going to slow you down. Theses things are too smooth, you’ll be running 70 and not even realize it. And they eat the twisties pretty nice.
    Last edited by seventwenty; 09-17-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkcdl View Post
    Hello,all,first post here...

A bit of background--5 years ago I had a choice between paying cash for a 2011 Concours14 ABS,or buying an F6B and financing part of it...I absolutely HATE payments,so I went with the Connie...Fast forward to now,my finances are better,I'm now retired,sold the Connie,and I'm looking at getting an F6B,most likely a 2015 in Blue,FWIW...

The only problem I have,living in SW Oregon,is I have never seen one in person...

If anyone from this site is planning to attend the races on their bike,I would be forever grateful if I could get a closeup look at your bike...I don't want to ride it,but I would appreciate an opportunity to sit on it for a minute to see if it fits...

My thoughts on the Connie,and its drawbacks-COG a little high to make slow speed operation comfortable,and the darn thing just wanted me to haul ass all the time,and we have some awesome roads for that here in Oregon...As I get older I see a definite need to not have a bike like that...

Please contact me by PM or email if you can help me out,there might be free food or drink involved...Thanks for reading,I look forward to being an active member here..
    Bought a new 2009 C-14 for just under 10k in 2011. Thing was a beast 150+ hp and a top speed over 150. Not a bike for two up, my wife hated it. I bought it for my Florida to Alaska trip bucket list trip. Traded it in for a 12 Wing when I returned. Glad I owned it, other than my son's ZX14 it was the fastest by far thing I ever rode. I too do not see the need to own one at 64.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

I was thinking about riding there, but it is looking very wet and cool over the next few days between my place and Austin. Has anyone here been there for this race? I attended the first F1 race there back in 2012. It's an incredible track but the crowds during an F! race are always a challenge. Maybe this race won't be so busy.

Thanks for the response guys...F6Dave,I agree with your thinking weather-wise...But,God is looking out for me,as he always does,there's a dealer in Austin that has one,so I'm going to make the time to visit them and check it out...

A little more back history,I bought my first Wing in 1983,I had never ridden or even sat on one,and it kinda blew the salescritters mind when I said I did not want a test ride,I just wanted to buy it...My bike at the time was a Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo,which I loved,but my first ever ride on a Wing was the ride home after I bought it,and I never regretted that purchase for even a minute,I have a feeling this will work out the same...
    Last edited by Kirkcdl; 09-30-2021 at 10:32 AM.