Ghost Shift

Thread: Ghost Shift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know I know, ghost thread on ghost shifting revived by a ghost member.... Anyway, I'm having a similar issue with my 15. I'm TDY in SoCal and rode her down from the PNW with no issues. One morning on my way to work she seemed to pop out of gear and lugged for a sec and then slowly slammed back in like a sticking clutch. I thought maybe I has miss shifted but a few days ago she did it twice back to back. She's only got 41K and was serviced with no issues about a month before I came down. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I know I know, ghost thread on ghost shifting revived by a ghost member.... Anyway, I'm having a similar issue with my 15. I'm TDY in SoCal and rode her down from the PNW with no issues. One morning on my way to work she seemed to pop out of gear and lugged for a sec and then slowly slammed back in like a sticking clutch. I thought maybe I has miss shifted but a few days ago she did it twice back to back. She's only got 41K and was serviced with no issues about a month before I came down. Any suggestions?
    So something I keyed on in your post was "was serviced with no issues". Did you service it or did someone else? Have you checked the oil?

Shift with authority. There is not much else you are going to be able to check if there is indeed something wrong with your transmission in this bike.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    So something I keyed on in your post was "was serviced with no issues". Did you service it or did someone else? Have you checked the oil?

Shift with authority. There is not much else you are going to be able to check if there is indeed something wrong with your transmission in this bike.
    I took it in as new tires were needed. She got a clean bill of health after her 36k servicing, and no issues were found. Hopefully she holds together for a few more weeks.