A year or so ago I started having shift problems.

When down shifting from 3rd gear to 2nd it seemed to shift correctly. When I would accelerate it would clunk fully into gear.
I brought it to the Honda dealer in Ft Walton, FL and they said they could reproduce the problem but I should wait until it was real bad and maybe Honda would cover it.

I brought it back a second time and they had a regional Honda rep ride it and he said to have the clutch fluid change. I did this even though I had recently changed it. He then said that it was shifting normal.

I got pissed and brought it to the Honda dealer in St Louis where I bought the bike (Big St Charles) they fought with Honda. The bike had to have the engine removed and the case split to diagnose the problem. The shift dogs failed and needed to be replaced. I was already in for $1500.00 to have them put it back together with the bad shift problem. I told them to go ahead and fix it and I would fight with Honda. They said Honda should cover it and fought for me but in the end Honda did not cover the repair.

$3500.00 My transmission failed under warranty and Honda did not cover it.

Stevenolts