Tire wear

Thread: Tire wear

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerPJ View Post
    So I recently picked up 2013 F6B. Both front a rear tires were very low, I aired them up to spec per manual, and they seem to have an odd mild vibration, especially in turns. As you can see, it's a no brainer.
    Question. Is this something that might wear off, should I drop pressure a bit, should I simply replace, Is it highly dangerous to ride as is? It seems fine, no vibrations at cruising speed etc, it's the corners or leaning back and forth that you can tell.
    Thanks for any and all advise.
    tire.JPG
    The tire has not been compromised. I currently run 34psi in mine since Traxxion (who upgraded my front suspension a few years ago) recommended it.

Even saying that, that type of wear in a Bridgestone tire (or any harder center compound tire) will appear at any pressure that's run in it.

That wear you are seeing is normal, for a F6B that has more city/local miles (corner carving) than highway miles. The center of that tire has a harder compound for longevity of the tire, since they are primarily manufactured for a heavier motorcycle.

My Bridgestone will and has exhibited the same wear. It all goes away if you take long runs more than local on your bike.
    Last edited by willtill; 09-30-2021 at 11:50 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537