Ultimate Seat Installation question?

Thread: Ultimate Seat Installation question?

Ultimate Seat Installation question?

I have a 2013 F6B deluxe. Installing the Ultimate King seat (non heated). Did you bolt the metal bracket from the original seat on to the new seat before installing on the bike? The seat I received did not come with the metal cross brace that is held on by 8MM hex head bolts. Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I didn't. I believe the instructions that come with the Ultimate tell you that those bolts won't be reused. Don't remember for sure but I think I just put them in the holes for safe keeping in case I changed seats again.

I had already cross-threaded and broken one of the small bolts. I didn't use the OEM metal bracket and feel like the install is solid and safe with just the 4 large seat blots. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, get the seat bolts with tapered ends.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Take your seat bolts to the bench grinder and grind a taper on the ends and spin them on the wire wheel good.
    Clean the debris out of the holes. It can cause the bolts to go in tight and strip.
    Use a few drops of oil on the bolts.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Take your seat bolts to the bench grinder and grind a taper on the ends and spin them on the wire wheel good.
    Clean the debris out of the holes. It can cause the bolts to go in tight and strip.
    Use a few drops of oil on the bolts.
    I sorta wished I did that back in the day. I had bought the tapered ones which are not black. So they sort of stand out now (the heads of them).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Iv been painting the heads of replacement screws with black paint made for wheels.
    Had to fix broken tabs on the front fender rear section.
    Fixed em with pieces of aluminum angle cut to size.
    Worked great. Better than paying big bucks for new part.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I have the same bike and seat. I did not add the back support and in 2 yrs of riding never had an issue with the seat.