Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

For the life of me, I can not get the avatar feature to work. I go to Home page, right side, click avatar, not option, and I go under settings, it simply won't let me upload an avatar. Any suggestions? thx
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerPJ View Post
    For the life of me, I can not get the avatar feature to work. I go to Home page, right side, click avatar, not option, and I go under settings, it simply won't let me upload an avatar. Any suggestions? thx
    I have the same issue!

The "Avatar" function hasn't worked for a few years. You have to contact a moderator and email the pic and your username, etc...A moderator can add it manually to your account from his level.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I noticed earlier this year that my Avatar was gone
    It took me 2 or 3 times to figure it out but I was able to get my Avatar back

I'm not sure about this Forum but some Forum rules require a minimum number of posts before you can place an Avatar

Does the image you selected for your Avatar meet the size restrictions? The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 180 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

It will not even offer an option to upload or insert an avatar, it's like the link is missing. I'd bet corrupt software?
    2013 F6B 1800B

It will not even offer an option to upload or insert an avatar, it's like the link is missing. I'd bet corrupt software?
    So you do not get this screen when you choose to "Edit Avatar" from your "My Settings" page?

You should be able to use Option 2 in the above screenshot to "Choose File" and upload an image from your 'puter, as long as it's 150 by 180 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

If that will not work for you I guess you have to contact Phantom who's an admin on this forum, for assistance.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Nope, only this. I'm fairly familiar with this Forums software, It's the same one used on another Forum I frequent.

2013 F6B 1800B

Nope, only this. I'm fairly familiar with this Forums software, It's the same one used on another Forum I frequent.

Just a wild assed guess here… can you deselect that “Do not use an Avatar” option in your screenshot?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Nope, and if I go to the home page, right side, select Avatar, it takes me to this settings page as above. I have tried clearing my cache, turned off my antivirus program etc, all the basic tricks.
    Maybe that this is NOT a secure site, or not using https ?
    BUT, I welcome any and all suggestions
    Last edited by SpencerPJ; 10-06-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    2013 F6B 1800B