F6B horn comedy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B horn comedy

F6B horn comedy

Any of you guys notice the horn button on the left, with the extended lever, is just a tad too touchy and far to easy to inadvertently touch?

I was pulling into a parking lot on the way to work this morning and as I was maneuvering, wanted to hit the mute on the radio. HHHHOOONNNNNKKKK! Once again, accidentally skimmed the horn button on the way to the mute, causing all local humans within a 50-yard radius to look at me like I'm some kind of deranged freak. Freaking funny, but embarrassing! And this happens at least once or twice a week in slow-speed conditions; last week I tried to cancel my signal near a crosswalk and accidentally blasted the horn, causing two people in the street to turn and run.

Any of you have similar issues, or do I need to get my thumb checked out? I'm considering grinding the lever extension off of that bad boy . . .

-->Russ

YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Any of you guys notice the horn button on the left, with the extended lever, is just a tad too touchy and far to easy to inadvertently touch?

I was pulling into a parking lot on the way to work this morning and as I was maneuvering, wanted to hit the mute on the radio. HHHHOOONNNNNKKKK! Once again, accidentally skimmed the horn button on the way to the mute, causing all local humans within a 50-yard radius to look at me like I'm some kind of deranged freak. Freaking funny, but embarrassing! And this happens at least once or twice a week in slow-speed conditions; last week I tried to cancel my signal near a crosswalk and accidentally blasted the horn, causing two people in the street to turn and run.

Any of you have similar issues, or do I need to get my thumb checked out? I'm considering grinding the lever extension off of that bad boy . . .

-->Russ
    A couple of times I have had that happen in slow rolls. A couple times it was in my driveway at 5 AM. Rolled the bike out of the garage, started her up, I'm standing on the left side of the bike and open the faring storage door to get garage door opener/closer and HHHHOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKK at 5 AM, I'm sure the neighbors loved it! LMAO!

Go to your friendly neighborhood surgeon & have him install a smaller diameter thumb.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I have my garage door opener in the left cubby....I cannot tell you how many times I have hit that damn horn button reaching to open the garage scaring the shyt out of myself and probably waking a few people up!

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    A couple of times I have had that happen in slow rolls. A couple times it was in my driveway at 5 AM. Rolled the bike out of the garage, started her up, I'm standing on the left side of the bike and open the faring storage door to get garage door opener/closer and HHHHOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKK at 5 AM, I'm sure the neighbors loved it! LMAO!

Those are so funny stories. My friends always say how loud the horn is on a F6B and I really never noticed it. I guess it is louder then normal.

Please let me know what remedies the doctor prescribes I have all the same symptoms.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Go to your friendly neighborhood surgeon & have him install a smaller diameter thumb.
    Best answer so far!!!!

Might try unplugging the horn,,,

Tighten the loose nut behind the bars???

Amazing how hard to find that horn button is at the exact time you need it to blast a warning.

The real irony in this thread is every one at some time or another suffer with a stuck switch now we are getting too horny.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!