Exhaust heat shield housing question.... PLEASE HELP

Thread: Exhaust heat shield housing question.... PLEASE HELP

Exhaust heat shield housing question.... PLEASE HELP

Hey all,

I have a '14 Black F6B Deluxe. I want to go ALL BLACK on this bike, including the exhaust. Question I have is, I've seen companies sell the black pipes/carbon tips, but the first about 6 inches or so on the wings exhaust is chrome heat shield (I think it's heat shield?). So when I replace the exhaust, its like 20% chrome 80% black. Can I get these either professionally painted/coated or is there a link to buy black ones? Thanks guys.

Seth

PS im also looking for black spark plug covers, mine are chrome. Links to black or advice would be appreciated.

For the chrome strip on the valve/plug covers you could replace that with Rivco Aeropegs in the black anodized color.

The shield I believe can be powder coated but I would not trust it. Thats why I kept my pipes all chrome. I wanted the black pipes originally and could come to grips on how to make the shield black and make it look correct for the black pipes. Its a challenge, that why you notices most of the bikes with black pipes still have that heat shield chrome. I would look great in all black. Im with you. Not sure if any later models of the F6B came out with black pipes stock and they would have the heat shield black and you may be able to purchase from mother honda on Partszilla if you know the year.

Sanded those pieces....high temp primer, then high temp paint. First time lasted about two years before flaking. Did it again and this time I guess I did it better as its been over three years

I have a 15 F6B, in the Matte Grey. I bought it new nd it has no chrome on the exhaust system. Maybe just order the part for a Matte finished F6???

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Sanded those pieces....high temp primer, then high temp paint. First time lasted about two years before flaking. Did it again and this time I guess I did it better as its been over three years

I did exactly what ReserveBum suggests. My 14 Yellow/Blk F6BD I bought a set of unmarked Black pipes from Maxrider on the forum. Then blacked out the sheild myself by taking them off the bike sand them down with 220 grit and clean with vinegar. Sprayed them with a engine high heat spray matte finish. The bike looks Awesome The avatar is the bike w/ the chrome finish. Wish I could post the new look. Good luck.
    Last edited by FarsideF6B; 10-16-2021 at 09:20 PM.

I had my exhaust and shields powder coated six years ago and they still look great.

I have seen people with the stock black pipes wanting to go chrome. Might want to put a feeler out for an even swap. You never know.

Jason

Chrome won't get you home.

Black is where it's at.

Once you go black, you won't go back.

And stuff like that...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537