Shifter, AntiDive, & Handlebar Risers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shifter, AntiDive, & Handlebar Risers

Shifter, AntiDive, & Handlebar Risers

Just did these three modifications.
    The shifter mod tightened up all the slack and drilling the hole lower in the shift linkage gives nice short crisp shifting.
    The nickel mod to the anti dive took away a good amount to the jarring over road irregularities.
    The MBL risers gave me a better position for my arms and allowed me to nestle farther back in the seat.
    Pleased with all three modifications.

I did the anti-dive mod shortly after I got my F6B back in 2015 or so. Definitely better for handling in the front. Then I had Traxxion just gut everything with their front end upgrade (they also disable anti-dive too).

I also am using MBL risers. I swear the Japs designed these bikes just for themselves at times, due to rider comfort. Us big, fat ol Americans have to constantly work on the ergonomics of them...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Alright, I’m lost, what’s the shifter mod? Did a search and nothing come up.

It is a modification that replaces the sloppy factory shifter rod with Heim type joints. You also drill a hole in the shifter linkage to shorten the throw and allow the shifter height to be adjusted. It was originally offered from DHS racing but the owner passed away. A friend of the owner now makes the kits available. Not sure if I can list the forum and supplier here because of forum rules. Here are the instructions to give you how the mod is done. If you are interested in doing it, PM me and will give you the information on the supplier.https://www.gl1800riders.com/attachm...ns-pdf.190913/

Yep, did the shifter mod from that vendor on mine last year. It was pretty simple...paid them and they sent me another full assembly which I swapped out with mine and sent mine back to him. Very handy, and I like the feel of the shifter with the shorter throw.

Shifter mod question.
    I guess the instructions are using their new parts to reassemble it with after drilling the rivits out.
    Can this mod be done without their parts?
    Last edited by tenxxx; 10-30-2021 at 06:12 PM.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Their kit as supplied was $50 shipped as I remember. It included both new heim joints, and the re-drilled shifter assembly. I'm sure it would be possible to replicate on your own, but at that price I didn't see it as worth trying.

I bought the kit for $40 - $45 dollars. Pretty easy mod. Need a grinder. The only thing I did differently was reuse the rubber boots that were on the original swivel joints. The new heim joints were a little larger so some trimming was needed.

Tourer - It sounds like you reused part of the original linkage and had to drill out the rivet. I ordered DHS-11252, and it already had the linkage modified, rivet removed and new heims installed. Mine was 100% complete and ready to install. I did have to send back my linkage so that DHS could modify it for the next customer.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    Alright, I’m lost, what’s the shifter mod? Did a search and nothing come up.
    I found this on YouTube. Not very descriptive but I think this is what the guys are talking about. Takes the slop out of the shift linkage

https://youtu.be/1M3JOwgmZm0

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537