Shifter, AntiDive, & Handlebar Risers - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shifter, AntiDive, & Handlebar Risers

Hi rcbonds. You can purchase it either way. Just buy the kit or get a set done and send back your linkage. If I remember correctly the kit was 40 - 45 and the done linkage was 90. I’m a retired car dealer and technician so I like to do all mods myself.

Tourer - Agree that it could be ordered either way. I just looked back (to check my degrading memory)...I spent $55 by paypal for mine.

I was going to post the link to the kit (in both forms, the do-it-yourself kit like yours and the full monty, which I used) in case others on the forum might find it useful. The kit was from DHS Racing, but the link to their site is no longer working. Doing a little searching online, one of our sister forums reports that Dan Sherburne (the owner of DHS) pass away unexpectedly this spring. That's awful to hear. He was super to deal with, and it was nice to be able to support a small business.

Yeah. Everyone said he was a real nice guy. His friend Rocky sells the kits now. He can be contacted over at the www.GLforums.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    Yeah. Everyone said he was a real nice guy. His friend Rocky sells the kits now. He can be contacted over at the www.GLforums.com.
    Dead link
    ITS ALL GOOD

I'll add my positive comments about Dan Sherburne at DHS Racing also.

By the time I found DHS racing's shifter mod I'd already filed away some of the metal off center pivot, allowing me to move OEM shifter a little bit closer to where I needed it for my big feet. I ordered the linkage and got a personal phone call from Dan Sherburne to ensure I was asking for the right parts. He knew exactly what I'd "modified" on my own and agreed he couldn't take my shifter as a "trade-out."

Excellent customer service. I can only hope that the great service continues after his passing.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Sorry guys posted the wrong link. It doesn’t have an s. The fella’s name is Rocky. Here is the link.

https://www.theglforum.com/member/284-rocky

Also a quick message to valkmc. Received your PM and responded three times. I live in a very rural area of North Carolina and internet service is sketchy at best. So not 100% sure you got the message or got it three times. Hope you see this post.

Interested in more details re: the "nickel mod" - thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
    Interested in more details re: the "nickel mod" - thx in advance
    the nickel mod is opening up the anti-dive valve on the left fork and putting the nickel in the little pocket that seems made to fit.

I actually used a washer the same size as a nickel in diameter and thickness, with a hole in the center big enough for the small anti-dive rod to fit through. I learned that on another 1800 forum. I have not researched this, but understood that the anti-dive is progressive. The harder you pull on the brake the more the piston extends until the front fork is 100% rigid. The washer was supposed to allow it to function under hard braking where you would want it not to dive, but allow the fork to move under light braking from cornering etc.

I drilled a 1/4" hole in the center of a nickle and it worked fine. But I think it stopped all anti dive action.
    Had to get longer screws to put it together with. On my 2013 any front brake action locked the shocks.
    I have since put the mono shocks in and they work good. The front doesn't bottom out any more.
    The handle bar risers are the best improvement. Before it felt like my arms were spread out like I was flying.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    Just did these three modifications.
    The shifter mod tightened up all the slack and drilling the hole lower in the shift linkage gives nice short crisp shifting.
    The nickel mod to the anti dive took away a good amount to the jarring over road irregularities.
    The MBL risers gave me a better position for my arms and allowed me to nestle farther back in the seat.
    Pleased with all three modifications.
    I'm also looking for bar risers for my VT1300 CR. I have been experiencing back and shoulder pain after riding 6 hours a day. Using an aftermarket handlebar that I had ordered from viking bag want to put a riser on it to adjust the bar height which will definitely help me to relax my arms and shoulder while riding. Need your suggestions on where should go to buy risers any experiences?
    Last edited by ridinglearn; 11-23-2021 at 11:39 AM.