Mustang Drivers Backrest Question

Thread: Mustang Drivers Backrest Question

Mustang Drivers Backrest Question

I just bought a 2015 F6B Deluxe and it came with a Mustang Touring Fastback seat. Wondering if anyone has added a drivers backrest to one and if so which?

Welcome to the F6B forum. You got yourself a great bike, as you will discover. These bikes do just about everything very well. I have a 2015 Deluxe also, but have an "Ultimate Mid rider" seat, so I can't answer your question about the Mustang. But welcome to the forum. Lots of good info on this site. Just as winter is upon us, the forum gets a bit slow. At least it's winter here in north Wisconsin. Rode the F6 friday for an hour, now had snow the last 2 days. Had to put the bike away till spring.

Appreciate the welcome! What’s that “snow” thing you speak of?

I thought that large "step up" on the Mustang was all the backrest most riders need. At least that's what it indicates on the website/adds. I really don't care for a backrest. I've had one on a Corbin and an Ultimate on the Valkyrie and now on an Ultimate on the "B". They all have spent 99'9% of the time in my parts cabinet. Oh yeah, Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by six2go; 12-08-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Welcome to the F6B family.

I would LOOOVE to not have a backrest but my lower back needs support. On my previous VTX, I had a Mustang seat with the passenger pillion which gave me 9" of good solid backrest support. Looks like F6B Fastback has 8" of support.

Mustang doesn't sell an addon and I've never seen or heard of someone adding an aftermarket.

I was able to get a used Ultimate with a drivers backrest and I think I got it from a user on this forum. You could also look at the Goldwing and F6B groups on FaceBook for used options.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 12-09-2021 at 09:39 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
    [FONT="]I just bought a 2015 F6B Deluxe and it came with a Mustang Touring Fastback seat. Wondering if anyone has added a drivers backrest to one and if so which?[/FONT]
    Mustang does not have a drivers backrest for that seat.

We had one person a long time ago add one to it. I do not remember what he had to do, but from the pictures it was a lot of work along with making a bracket. In the long run you would be better off selling that seat and purchasing one with a drivers backrest.

Just bought a Corbin with a drivers ,backrest from another member. If it works out there will soon be a like new Mustang Touring Fastback seat for sale.