Question about Corbin Seats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Corbin Seats

Question about Corbin Seats

Hey Guys:
    Regarding the Corbin seats for the F6B, if you don't order anything special in the construction like a nose job or other physical changes, does the Corbin sit you higher, lower, or about the same as the OEM seat? Same question for the fore & aft positioning.

I have an Ultimate King Rider that "works" for me but I would like to sit a bit lower as I'm height challenged but beefy(that's why the King Rider instead of the Low Rider.

It's been quite awhile since riding on the OEM but as I remember, I was looking for more support for the upper thighs. The Ultimate does that but I would like to be a bit lower.

I know Corbins are very firm, I've had them in the past. I'm only asking about the height of the seat VS OEM.

Thanks all.

Just sold my Corbin after riding it for @ 20k miles. It sits you lower than the stock, maybe a little bit aft (not a lot). I did install the risers. Was a comfortable fit but.....it was hard as hell and as I have gotten older my arse lost some padding. It just became too much.

I have one on mine and yes, I do sit lower and further back. Good luck with what ever you decide.

It does sit lower, but the seat is made to your inseam and weight. When you order it they will ask for the measurements. I had one on my 1200 Goldwing and I sat for 780 miles the first day and 680 the second day.. On my 16 F6B I've tried the Utimate seat first, sold that one then got a Saddleman (with I still have). But liked the Smuggler set up from Corbin, so this last April I installed the system on my F6b. Took a while to get used to the new seating position, I'm 6'3 with 36" inseam. It sat lower so my knees bent more with the Corbin. Now that I'm used to it, I've put about 4000 miles on the seat and I love it! Yes they are hard, but even if your butt hurts somewhat from a long ride one day, with the Corbin you can do many more miles the second day and so on, JMHO. I did not get a backrest, this seat has very good back support built into the seat. Can't talk about the back seat, due to I don't have one since I ride solo all the time.
    Last edited by tpwood; 01-20-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks for the useful info guys. I just ordered my new Corbin. Hopefully it will work out for me.

I truly wish you the best of luck. But, I will never buy ANYTHING from Corbin ever again. Promised 4-6 weeks.....took SIX MONTHS (only took them four minutes to charge my credit card for $2000, though.)

Several times when I called to ask where my seat was.....I was laughed at and told that I 'just should have known we weren't going to do it that fast'. (Apparently it was all MY fault, it seems). Twice I was told that I was bothering them and I should just be quiet and wait.

When it did show up, there was no warning whatsoever nor any tracking information. It just appeared on my doorstep one day.

Opened the carton and found that the colours were not even close to what I'd ordered. AND...... it was SEVERELY scraped up, right out of the box.

Scrapes.jpg

Trunk Scratches.jpg

Hope Corbin put my money to good use...because they'll never see another red cent from me.

.....sT
    Last edited by SimonTemplar; 01-23-2022 at 03:22 AM.
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I hope they made it up to you for the damage at least. That is not good business practice.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I’m always sorry for anyone who has a bad customer service experience. I have always had great luck with Corbin and have used them on every bike I have owned and never had a problem. I am lucky, but the main reason is I live close enough to go there and have them custom made. Best of luck as I just love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    I truly wish you the best of luck. But, I will never buy ANYTHING from Corbin ever again. Promised 4-6 weeks.....took SIX MONTHS (only took them four minutes to charge my credit card for $2000, though.)

Several times when I called to ask where my seat was.....I was laughed at and told that I 'just should have known we weren't going to do it that fast'. (Apparently it was all MY fault, it seems). Twice I was told that I was bothering them and I should just be quiet and wait.

When it did show up, there was no warning whatsoever nor any tracking information. It just appeared on my doorstep one day.

Opened the carton and found that the colours were not even close to what I'd ordered. AND...... it was SEVERELY scraped up, right out of the box.

Scrapes.jpg

Trunk Scratches.jpg

Hope Corbin put my money to good use...because they'll never see another red cent from me.

.....sT
    Thank you so much for the response. It was really on point and answered the question that was asked.

LOL I thought the same when I read the response