Valve cover chrome strip

Thread: Valve cover chrome strip

Valve cover chrome strip

I've been toying with the idea of changing the accent strip on a 13 F6B from chrome to red. I'm guessing I could paint them but was wondering if anyone has tried a wrap on those trim pieces? Like the stuff that's used for advertising on vehicles. A wrap is only a glorified sticker and I don't know if the trim piece would get too hot for the wrap to stay put. Has anyone gone this route and if so what was the result?

I change to red by purchasing a used set from a 2015 owner here on this forum. Apparently some "25th Anniversary Edition" came with red versions.

Since these plastic strips only attach with double stick tape I'd bet you could try a wrap because it doesn't get hot enough to melt the glue on the tape. Plati Dip might be an inexpensive way to go also.

I would say the change to red isn't that noticeable and the bike doesn't run any faster.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I thought they are held on by the two bolts that run through the strip.

Plasti Dip could be a solution too. I'll look into it.

You are right that it won't be that noticeable, and that's what I'm looking for.

Yeah, I removed the little rubber plugs then "allen" wrenched the two bolts out before I realized the plastic strips holes are larger and the whole strip is taped on.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Thanks SeaSteve, that's good info. I haven't pulled them off yet. I'll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FLsixB View Post
    Thanks SeaSteve, that's good info. I haven't pulled them off yet. I'll find out soon.
    Hmmm, I'd be curious, I thought about blacking mine out.

I'd start by trying Pasti Dip. It's pretty durable but can be "somewhat" easily removed if you don't like it.

Attachment 8328

I bought a set from a board member for $25. I like the look. I would have tried Plasti dip if I could not find a set of these. I used plasti dip to color the bolts black.

image.jpeg
    Last edited by valkmc; 03-22-2022 at 06:09 AM.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

Valkmc that's the look I'm going for. Thanks for the pic.