Heli-Bar help - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heli-Bar help

For those with a Deluxe F6B and heated grips, the instructions mention using the heater to warm up the grips while taking them off (pia)have to plug up the dash and run the engine.

My Buddy JJ, had me use the Heatgun, get's the job done better and faster, no running engine, and all that other noise.

Done it yesterday, worked great, done in a few hours.

Love my Heli's, up another 6" from stock

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    For those with a Deluxe F6B and heated grips, the instructions mention using the heater to warm up the grips while taking them off (pia)have to plug up the dash and run the engine.

My Buddy JJ, had me use the Heatgun, get's the job done better and faster, no running engine, and all that other noise.

Done it yesterday, worked great, done in a few hours.

Love my Heli's, up another 6" from stock
    Did you make a video?
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Haha, no video.
    Got it all in my mind, the 3rd time , the first time doing it with Heated grips, just a little slower.

Take your time, make sure you apply plenty of heat to the clutch side grip (L)makes the glue softer, and makes take-off easier, that is the only time-consuming side, the rest is a piece of cake.

Buy some grip glue and apply sparingly and have the foresight to shove it up there quickly, use the bars in the center for grip and use your body weight to assist you to get it up there.

If you go back to Kury ISO grips, use Zipties on the ribs for chinch down, way easier than muscle the grips to close, and plenty of liquid soap to grease it up.

Haha, no video.
    Got it all in my mind, the 3rd time , the first time doing it with Heated grips, just a little slower.

Take your time, make sure you apply plenty of heat to the clutch side grip (L)makes the glue softer, and makes take-off easier, that is the only time-consuming side, the rest is a piece of cake.

Buy some grip glue and apply sparingly and have the foresight to shove it up there quickly, use the bars in the center for grip and use your body weight to assist you to get it up there.

If you go back to Kury ISO grips, use Zipties on the ribs for chinch down, way easier than muscle the grips to close, and plenty of liquid soap to grease it up.
    If you dont have a heatgun I guess the only option is the warmer, unless Home Depot rents them.

$14 at Home Depot and you own it .

$14 at Home Depot and you own it .
    I'll grab one today, how long did you keep it on the clutch side before you yanked it, approximate.

I estimate repositioning the collar 4-5 times, and I used about 90% off the available travel, time-wise 30 min?

This is the only PIA procedure, I've seen that Youtube where they used alcohol, I just cannot grasp the concept of how it would penetrate that well to make difference.

That sleeve is pretty tight, and I think that the heat option is the more viable one, and makes sense, to put the adhesive into a flexible/pliable state prior to receiving horizontal force for removal.

Check the wire intermittently to make sure you are not hung up somewhere while it travels off the bar.

Best of luck to you, I send you some install Mojo.

I estimate repositioning the collar 4-5 times, and I used about 90% off the available travel, time-wise 30 min?

This is the only PIA procedure, I've seen that Youtube where they used alcohol, I just cannot grasp the concept of how it would penetrate that well to make difference.

That sleeve is pretty tight, and I think that the heat option is the more viable one, and makes sense, to put the adhesive into a flexible/pliable state prior to receiving horizontal force for removal.

Check the wire intermittently to make sure you are not hung up somewhere while it travels off the bar.

Im going to need it. I dod it in my 2013, that 5+ years ago, so I have a vague recollection. Once I get passed the clutch side it sounds fairly rote.

One more thing, I'm going to need those brake and clutch extenders, correct?

Kinda late to respond, but yes it would be needed , you are going to run short without them.