ZOMFON Dash Cam

Thread: ZOMFON Dash Cam

ZOMFON Dash Cam

Fairly simple install, once you pull the tupperware off. All color coded connections, tight junction seal, forget the app, Roadcam, it sucks, $169 on Amazon.

https://youtu.be/cTgpGM---Mw
    Last edited by taxfree4; 04-06-2022 at 07:39 AM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Definitely a good accessory for a bike, as we know it proved to be invaluable for you a few years ago.

I saw another on Amazon and I just ordered it. A little cheaper but does the same thing. Very similar if not made in the same Chyna factory under a different name.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q39RRYR...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I was using two of the Ion helmet cam's for the loooongest time, but the batteries (non replaceable) inside of them wouldn't hold a charge for very long. Deep sixed those, so I'll now install what you're installing.

I do have a question though, seems you're putting the main recording/viewing device in the center cubby console? It gets hot in there, do you have any concerns about excessive heat building up in the unit?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Definitely a good accessory for a bike, as we know it proved to be invaluable for you a few years ago.

I saw another on Amazon and I just ordered it. A little cheaper but does the same thing. Very similar if not made in the same Chyna factory under a different name.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q39RRYR...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I was using two of the Ion helmet cam's for the loooongest time, but the batteries (non replaceable) inside of them wouldn't hold a charge for very long. Deep sixed those, so I'll now install what you're installing.

I do have a question though, seems you're putting the main recording/viewing device in the center cubby console? It gets hot in there, do you have any concerns about excessive heat building up in the unit?
    Im going to try it out, the last one I kept in the saddlebag but kept banging it with my helmet. Not very worried about but if it gets really hot and it seems to affect the unit I'll either drill some holes in the sides, removng the outer tupperware of course, to get a draft or get one of those blue freez paks, wrap it in a cloth and keep it in the cubby. BTW, that unit looks EXACTLY like the one I have, except cheaper, and was definitely assembled in the same backyard in the communist hellhole
    Last edited by taxfree4; 04-06-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Im going to try it out, the last one I kept in the saddlebag but kept banging it with my helmet. Not very worried about but if it gets really hot and it seems to affect the unit I'll either drill some holes in the sides, removng the outer tupperware of course, to get a draft or get one of those blue freez paks, wrap it in a cloth and keep it in the cubby. BTW, that unit looks EXACTLY like the one I have, except cheaper, and was definitely assembled in the same backyard in the communist hellhole
    My lawyer said he wouldn't have even taken the case if I hadn't had the video because it's their word against yours. Their standard defense is "He cut in front of me at the last minute." Sure enough that's exactly what she said and put on the police report, which she had to go back and change after GEICO saw the video, lying Ukranian bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    My lawyer said he wouldn't have even taken the case if I hadn't had the video because it's their word against yours. Their standard defense is "He cut in front of me at the last minute." Sure enough that's exactly what she said and put on the police report, which she had to go back and change after GEICO saw the video, lying Ukranian bitch.
    Ukrainians. Russians. All from the same cloth initially. Who can you trust anymore. Definitely not the Russians.

Or hell, not even OUR own government.

But I'll always trust a fellow motorcycle enthusiast.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ukrainians. Russians. All from the same cloth initially. Who can you trust anymore. Definitely not the Russians.

Or hell, not even OUR own government.

But I'll always trust a fellow motorcycle enthusiast.
    Dogs and motorcyclists, that's it. The only animal on the planet that knows exactly the satisfaction of having wind in your face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar to what you guys have, https://sykik.com/collections/motorc...rproof-monitor

My second unit is the same one.

I store it within the left rear bag on top and used 3M heavy duty velcro, no heat issues, and out of the way.

Upgrade your sim card to the max capacity, and carry the original with you for a spare, after an incident, remove and insert your spare, no potential for accidental overiding your evidence, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Similar to what you guys have, https://sykik.com/collections/motorc...rproof-monitor

My second unit is the same one.

I store it within the left rear bag on top and used 3M heavy duty velcro, no heat issues, and out of the way.

Upgrade your sim card to the max capacity, and carry the original with you for a spare, after an incident, remove and insert your spare, no potential for accidental overiding your evidence, just my 2 cents.
    Yep, that's the exact unit. Being it's the only thing I have in the cubby, with about 2 feet of wires, if it gets really hot I can pull the cubby top off and let the air get at it.