First ride on my 2013 f6b
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First ride on my 2013 f6b

First ride on my 2013 f6b

The shift lever sucks on this thing! Can it be adjusted? If not how do you big guys get your toe under it? On another note, this thing is amazing the way the weight disappears once rolling! I think I'm gonna add some miles this year.

What kind of drivers footpegs do you have? stock? I have some Kuryakyn mini floorboards that I hated, put stock back on, love them.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Looks stock. Probably just need to adjust to it. I see where some have gone to heel toe also.

If you can find a DHS racing linkage setup (DHS-11252), they are much improved, with increased adjustability, less slop and shorter throw. Unfortunately, I hear that the owner of DHS Dan Sherberne passed away not long ago. He was great to deal with. Perhaps you can find one out there used for sale though.

One of the first mods I did to my 2015 Deluxe was changing to floorboards and heel toe shifter. I like them much better than the mini floorboards it came with. Congrats on buying the F6B, best bike I’ve ever owned and I’ve been riding for 50 years.
    Last edited by KeyWasted; 04-13-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks for the reply's, I'm gonna try to work around it for now. Which mean I 'll have to ride it as much as possible. Damn!

The mini floor boards will help but I think footwear is more important. Big steel toed construction boots will give you grief.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Unfortunately...According to another forum..."Dan S. from DHS Racing passed away unexpectedly last (year) at age 58." The website isn't available anymore and I don't think anyone would have a spare DHS modified sifter linkage to sell you.

You can watch this YouTube Video to see the linkage basic setup with the left exhaust header cover removed. At the left side, where the left fingers are pointing, is the location of the OEM adjustable spline. You loosen the clamp screw AND remove the large hex bolt in the middle of the video frame to pull the entire linkage out from the bike. Obviously, you slide it back on to the spline at a different location on the spline teeth to raise or lower the shifter peg.

You may also need to remove some of the metal material from the back of the "center" pivot point to clear the grove on the engine. Two years ago I was fortunate to buy the adjustable linkage from DHS and spoke with David then on the phone. He asked if I had "already" filed down the shifter so people do this regularly.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 04-13-2022 at 09:07 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Meh, personally I didn't like my mini floorboards. There is a little nob where they connect that pushes your foot away from casing, Always had to tilt foot inward to hit shifter or brake. I'll agree about shoes, my big ol foot with boots has never played nicely with m/c s.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

You can contact Rocky Demers, at 1-858-366-3063, he was Dan Sherburne's friend and took over the DHS shift link production.

He resides in San Diego CA, close to where Dan used to live.

Rocky also makes the up and out adjustable riser for the Honda 1800 handlebar, including F6B.
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-14-2022 at 09:33 AM.