Has anyone used Seafoam - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Seafoam

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Seafoam does not have the correct cleaners to be used as an oil flush just before an oil change.
    Just watched a few videos on the subject. It didnt hurt anything but it didnt work at all.
    Noted, thank you
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I'm going to err on the side of caution

Not going to chance it, as we know Youtube is full of a lot of bullshit. I use BND gas additive so I'll just leave well enough alone.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I'm still using the Honda OEM filters on mine. They sure have gotten pricey though; they're like $14.95 on Wingstuff.com

i did use Rotella on my last oil change though. I usually use the Honda synthetic.
    Which weight of Rotella did you use, and did you like it? I'm curious because I've heard comments about clunky shifting with the 5W-40. I've thought about switching because the T6 5W-40 and 15W-40 are JASO MA/MA2 certified, which Honda specifies for our bikes. I don't know of any other diesel or automotive oils that meet those standards, including the Mobil 1 I'm using.

Switching may not be an option these days as Rotella is in short supply. Last week the local Walmart had some on the shelves for the first time in months, but it quickly disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Which weight of Rotella did you use, and did you like it? I'm curious because I've heard comments about clunky shifting with the 5W-40. I've thought about switching because the T6 5W-40 and 15W-40 are JASO MA/MA2 certified, which Honda specifies for our bikes. I don't know of any other diesel or automotive oils that meet those standards, including the Mobil 1 I'm using.

Switching may not be an option these days as Rotella is in short supply. Last week the local Walmart had some on the shelves for the first time in months, but it quickly disappeared.
    I used Rotella T6 5w40. Shifting seems normal to me.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Okay, I add to the mix, I have been using this, works on my Ironbutt rides has no issues, is delivered to my door, and at a good price.

Change oil every 5K miles on principal, regardless of brands I have used prior.

5K is just cheap insurance.

View Larger Image 1
    Kirkland Signature Heavy Duty Diesel 15W-40 Motor Oil 1-Gallon, 3-pack
    Item 1448220
    Your Price39.99$
    Price Per GALLON: $13.33
    Shipping & Handling Included*
    Limit 6 Cases Per Member

Features:
    3-1 Gallon (3.78L) Bottles
    SAE 15W-40 CK-4 Diesel Engine Oil
    Increased Wear Protection
    Better Oxidation Control
    Highly Shear Stable Formulation

I used Rotella T-6 15-40 prior to the last few changes, do not detect any difference between them, no shifting issues, or noise, etc.
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-15-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Buy online, ships free to your local Walmart store, they have plenty.

So I put T6, 15/40 in mine last fall, feel like I have a slight tick now. I bought some Gn4 Honda dino oil, plan to exchange soon just for a test.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerPJ View Post
    Buy online, ships free to your local Walmart store, they have plenty.

So I put T6, 15/40 in mine last fall, feel like I have a slight tick now. I bought some Gn4 Honda dino oil, plan to exchange soon just for a test.
    GN4 is good oil, but you should just now stay with synthetic. See if you can return the GN4...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    GN4 is good oil, but you should just now stay with synthetic. See if you can return the GN4...
    I have no idea the previous oil type history. I only have 2k on the Rotella, do you thing that would be an issue? I have 24k on my 2013
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerPJ View Post
    I have no idea the previous oil type history. I only have 2k on the Rotella, do you thing that would be an issue? I have 24k on my 2013
    You can put in the more free flowing GN4 (10w30) and see if that alleviates the perceived tick you are hearing. As I mentioned earlier, I'm running 5w40 Rotella, not 15w40.

I meant to say that you should stay with a synthetic since that oil's properties exceed dino oil for longevity; such as shear life and contaminant suspension.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Personally,, I replace one quart of oil (any kind) with a quart of Duralube every other oil change.
    I put that sh*t in everything that needs oil. I think the used oil even looks cleaner.
    ITS ALL GOOD