Cruise control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

Cruise control

Oh how I wish my 14 F6BD came with cruise. That's all i need. So with that in mind has anyone added the stock cruise? Gone to a Honda shop for installation? Price? If the stock version is too expensive to add, what are you guys using and are us happy with it? I'll have something added soon. Thanks in advance.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked about but I'm using the same combo on my F6B as I did on the Valk. I have an Omni Cruise throttle holder as well as a KuryAkyn universal throttle boss. With those two things, I can ride pretty much as far as I want without any discomfort. Most of the time I even forget about the Omni Cruise because I'm so comfortable with the throttle boss. I can easily ride out a tank of fuel on the Super Slab if I have to, but that's not my preferred method of travel. I find that the Omni Cruise works better on the B than the Valk because the extra torque handles the ups & downs in the road better.

Hi Farside. I'm not aware of anyone adding the stock cruise. The harnesses on the F6b and the Full Wing are different. That said, Many folks have added the MC Cruise, and some have added the Rostra Cruise.

Using guidance from here and the F6C forum as a resource, I have added the Rostra, and am quite happy with it. I chose to install the Full Wing right throttle grip (which is not necessary, but makes the whole install look 100% stock). I later helped another forum member here install the same setup on his F6b, and I later added a Rostra to my BMW R1200GSA.

EDIT: I was going back to see if I could find more info for you (part numbers, etc) and found that we had a similar conversation last year. Apologies for the spam and rehashing the same conversation.
    Last edited by rdbonds; 04-17-2022 at 07:58 PM.

I had the Kaoko Throttle Adjuster on my 2013.Standard and was very satisfied with it, having tried quite a few other options. Little bit of a learning curve but not much, good luck.

hvttps://kaoko.com/?s=&ymm_search=1&post_type=product&_make=Honda&_model=F6B%20Goldwing&_year=2014
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

On my VTX I added the Kuryakyn Mechanical Throttle Cruise Assist to their ISO grips. If I didn't have the OEM cruise control I'd go back to this.

You just roll it back with your pinky finger and palm to tighten then you can move the throttle up or down to maintain speed. Push the bar end lock forward and it goes back to normal. I got used to turning it less than 1/2 a turn to lock and unlock.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Hi Farside. I'm not aware of anyone adding the stock cruise. The harnesses on the F6b and the Full Wing are different. That said, Many folks have added the MC Cruise, and some have added the Rostra Cruise.

EDIT: I was going back to see if I could find more info for you (part numbers, etc) and found that we had a similar conversation last year. Apologies for the spam and rehashing the same conversation.
    Thanks for your reply rebounds. I thought too that we had conversed but I couldn't find the message. I've written down the Rostra cruise control this time. It is time to get it done.
    I appreciate all the responses and will research the others makers too. A friend recently bought his 13 F6B and it did come w/ the Kaoko cruise. Not familiar with that brand. Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    On my VTX I added the Kuryakyn Mechanical Throttle Cruise Assist to their ISO grips. If I didn't have the OEM cruise control I'd go back to this.

You just roll it back with your pinky finger and palm to tighten then you can move the throttle up or down to maintain speed. Push the bar end lock forward and it goes back to normal. I got used to turning it less than 1/2 a turn to lock and unlock.
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I went to the link and according to the manufacture they don't make it for the F6B. Got me why it wouldn't work though.

Farside - If you still need it, here's the link to the conversation where the part numbers are listed (if you choose to got that route).

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...ghlight=rostra

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I went to the link and according to the manufacture they don't make it for the F6B. Got me why it wouldn't work though.
    I've never done it, but I'd at least try removing the OEM bar end and looking inside to see if it's "Universal: 1” or 7/8” Handlebars with Hollow Bar Ends" to fit the "6285 Universal Mechanical Throttle Cruise Assist, Chrome"
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I was just poking around Cycle Gear's website and found this...Kaoko Throttle Lock Honda CBR / VFR / VTR / F6B and thought of this forum post.