Route Help

Thread: Route Help

Route Help

In early May, I’m riding to Blue Springs State Park in Orange City Florida. Our first stop after leaving the The Keys is Okeechobee City.

My question, for those familiar with the area is, what route can I use from Okeechobee City to Orange City to avoid riding through major metropolitan areas such as Orlando or its’ surrounding metro areas? I want to avoid highways and stick to surface streets or backroads. Thanks

I'm not familiar with Florida, however I've found this site to be very helpful in finding good roads, and good rides anywhere I go.

https://www.motorcycleroads.com/

Can you use it to plan a route? I can’t see a way to do it on the site.

If you check out Rever AND pay the $40 to $60 yearly "Pro version fee" you get route planning software with Butler maps and "Twisty Roads" map overlays. Best good motorcycle road route planning all in one place but may be too expensive for some if you only use it once in a while.

Rever is part of J&P/Revzilla/Cycle Gear and you can get a discount membership with a points program for purchases from all the stores.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Just for the heck of it I just plugged both cities into Rever and Google maps and got pretty much the same route. Must not be any good twisty roads in that area and I don't see much West-East access between the two cities.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
    Can you use it to plan a route? I can’t see a way to do it on the site.
    Can't plan a route with that site, I usually map out a route using google maps that mirrors the routes they suggest and follow that.

IÂ’d suggest 441 north from the lake to 192, jog over to Dear Park, then take Nova to 520. From there to Christmas. CanÂ’t remember the exact roads. Stay east of Orlando. I know thereÂ’s a great road that runs around the Sanford airport. IÂ’m not familiar with north of there

Looked up that route and it may be a winner. Thank you.