Air cleaner opinion - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Air cleaner opinion

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Unless you know what form 17A is, why it is needed, what a zero return is, why you can file it legally, what is income etc, etc it doesn't mean anything. There are no final rulings because as Chief Judge Carol Amon of the Federal District Court said to the IRS attorney "If Mr. (My last name) is correct, he wins the case". If that happened everyone would so she dismissed the case "without prejudice". It was a warning shot to the IRS to just leave me alone or they might have a problem, and they did. It goes in very deep. State court is a different argument. IRS Audit different tactic.
    At least two of us were interested, and I'd think others may have been as well. However, since cases dismissed without prejudice can be re-filed, I understand that you might not want to comment on a public forum. We probably get visitors who have no interest in motorcycles.

A time and a place for everything.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    At least two of us were interested, and I'd think others may have been as well. However, since cases dismissed without prejudice can be re-filed, I understand that you might not want to comment on a public forum. We probably get visitors who have no interest in motorcycles.
    Unless you, the living soul, don't keep your money in banks, in any form whatsoever, work off the books, rent instead of own, or know how to file a UCC-1 against yourself, the fiction, it would be crazy to even contemplaye it. Here's just a hint of what I mean by how deep it goes. For fun give the 10 questions to your banker.

https://youtu.be/ZBeTcufNrzE
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Just to clarify I was the moving party in the case that was dismissed without prejudice.

Talk about a thread getting derailed.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Talk about a thread getting derailed.
    That's for sure, let's talk about oil to really run this train into a ditch

This sounds like normal conversation.
    But conversing with a lawyer while not on the clock...
    Worth every minuet.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    This sounds like normal conversation.
    But conversing with a lawyer while not on the clock...
    Worth every minuet.
    Actually, like everyone else, I am an attorney in fact not in law. Only profession condemned in the bible...TWICE. You know why lawyers wear neckties ...keeps the foreskin down.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 05-10-2022 at 05:35 AM.

Just scoped out my air filter with one of those cheap azed Chyna remote cameras.. Probably 17K on the A/F since I last changed it. Not too bad:

(Pay no attention to the date/time stamp - it's not set and incorrect)

The reason why I scoped it was because I started it this morning after it sat for about 5 days; and it did a weird dip in idle RPMs immediately thereafter. When I goosed it, it almost died on me and the exhaust was smelling rich. I was suspecting a rat bastard built a nest on top of the air filter hence; it was choking for air. Was not the case though. Took her on a long, hard run this afternoon and blew her cobwebs out.

Life is good.
    Last edited by willtill; 06-24-2022 at 03:25 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That's Too Clean!

That looks better than mine! I changed it last week at 47,040 miles. I have a half mile of dusty unpaved roads between my house and civilization, so that doesn't help.

As bad as it looks, you can see there's much cleaner media deeper in the pleats. Apparently, the sticky coating Honda uses lets the ridges work like a pre-filter, which may be why their filters can last so long. I've read that the OEM filters can easily last 40K to 50K miles, and a dealer told me he'd seen owners push them far past that with no ill effects.

I rode several hundred miles after the change, and there's no noticeable change in performance or fuel mileage. So the engine was still getting all the air it needed, which means I won't be doing this chore again for at least another 45,000 miles.