Quote Originally Posted by 3wings View Post
I'm sure that if we came up with the cash, we could have these tests performed on GW air filters. The guys getting these tests done were diesel guys and that may have been a good thing because diesel filters tend to be bigger and heavier which might have made their accuracy a bit easier to achieve. The author was very forward about how the tests were performed and the big variables that temp and humidity could introduce. It would be pretty impossible to do a real world test with any validity so they have to control the variables as much as they could to make their test have value.

Does anyone have any ideas to make their testing better and more applicable.

In my opinion, the big cost in air filters for us is the labor to change them. Filters are the cheapest insurance we can get for our toys. This article brings up a great point that if a supplier's filter is really better, why not pay for the independent test and use it in their advertising rather than just saying "mine is better"?
I have K&N's in three of the seven bikes in my garage. This article is making me re-think that.

Now we can spend way too much time arguing this along with oil and tires. ������
Then unless it is in the real world, where we live and ride, I wouldn't give this a thought. Imagine telling a guy with a GM Duramax V8 Diesel that because of a controlled test on a Goldwing he spent too much money for nothing on his filter instead of an OEM. Thalidomide worked great in the lab till kids were being born without arms and legs in the real world.