Air cleaner opinion - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air cleaner opinion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I think K&N is privately held. You may have been scammed by them again!

BTW you haven't posted any answers to the quiz questions.
    Wrong again, it is owned by Goldman Sachs, which shares are about $300 a piece, there you go "thinking" again, apparently, you know more than K&N AND Goldman Sachs. As far as your quiz it is arbitrary, like those tests you put up. I, nor anyone else, is here to answer your questions because only a gold standard test, which you have not cited, will answer all those questions. If Honda hasn't endorsed, advertised, even acknowledged the test why should I
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Wrong again, it is owned by Goldman Sachs, which shares are about $300 a piece, there you go "thinking" again, apparently, you know more than K&N AND Goldman Sachs. As far as your quiz it is arbitrary, like those tests you put up. I, nor anyone else, is here to answer your questions because only a gold standard test, which you have not cited, will answer all those questions. If Honda hasn't endorsed, advertised, even acknowledged the test why should I
    Goldman Sachs is a holding company. They own about a thousand companies, mostly in the Cayman Islands. K&N isn't listed on any exchange and is therefore considered privately held.

You still haven't answered any of the quiz. Question #1 is easy, and has nothing to do with any test. Hint: look at the photo.

This is fun like an oil thread. But SpencerPJ, back to your original post, yes the filter is dirty and needs replacing.

A time and a place for everything.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Talk about a thread getting derailed.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Talk about a thread getting derailed.
    That's for sure, let's talk about oil to really run this train into a ditch

This sounds like normal conversation.
    But conversing with a lawyer while not on the clock...
    Worth every minuet.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    This sounds like normal conversation.
    But conversing with a lawyer while not on the clock...
    Worth every minuet.
    Actually, like everyone else, I am an attorney in fact not in law. Only profession condemned in the bible...TWICE. You know why lawyers wear neckties ...keeps the foreskin down.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 05-10-2022 at 05:35 AM.

Just scoped out my air filter with one of those cheap azed Chyna remote cameras.. Probably 17K on the A/F since I last changed it. Not too bad:

(Pay no attention to the date/time stamp - it's not set and incorrect)

The reason why I scoped it was because I started it this morning after it sat for about 5 days; and it did a weird dip in idle RPMs immediately thereafter. When I goosed it, it almost died on me and the exhaust was smelling rich. I was suspecting a rat bastard built a nest on top of the air filter hence; it was choking for air. Was not the case though. Took her on a long, hard run this afternoon and blew her cobwebs out.

Life is good.
    Last edited by willtill; 06-24-2022 at 03:25 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That's Too Clean!

That looks better than mine! I changed it last week at 47,040 miles. I have a half mile of dusty unpaved roads between my house and civilization, so that doesn't help.

As bad as it looks, you can see there's much cleaner media deeper in the pleats. Apparently, the sticky coating Honda uses lets the ridges work like a pre-filter, which may be why their filters can last so long. I've read that the OEM filters can easily last 40K to 50K miles, and a dealer told me he'd seen owners push them far past that with no ill effects.

I rode several hundred miles after the change, and there's no noticeable change in performance or fuel mileage. So the engine was still getting all the air it needed, which means I won't be doing this chore again for at least another 45,000 miles.