Air cleaner opinion - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Air cleaner opinion

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I just bought K&N stock
    I think K&N is privately held. You may have been scammed by them again!

BTW you haven't posted any answers to the quiz questions.
    Last edited by F6Dave; 04-28-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I think K&N is privately held. You may have been scammed by them again!

BTW you haven't posted any answers to the quiz questions.
    Wrong again, it is owned by Goldman Sachs, which shares are about $300 a piece, there you go "thinking" again, apparently, you know more than K&N AND Goldman Sachs. As far as your quiz it is arbitrary, like those tests you put up. I, nor anyone else, is here to answer your questions because only a gold standard test, which you have not cited, will answer all those questions. If Honda hasn't endorsed, advertised, even acknowledged the test why should I
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Wrong again, it is owned by Goldman Sachs, which shares are about $300 a piece, there you go "thinking" again, apparently, you know more than K&N AND Goldman Sachs. As far as your quiz it is arbitrary, like those tests you put up. I, nor anyone else, is here to answer your questions because only a gold standard test, which you have not cited, will answer all those questions. If Honda hasn't endorsed, advertised, even acknowledged the test why should I
    Goldman Sachs is a holding company. They own about a thousand companies, mostly in the Cayman Islands. K&N isn't listed on any exchange and is therefore considered privately held.

You still haven't answered any of the quiz. Question #1 is easy, and has nothing to do with any test. Hint: look at the photo.

Goldman Sachs is a holding company. They own about a thousand companies, mostly in the Cayman Islands. K&N isn't listed on any exchange and is therefore considered privately held.

You still haven't answered any of the quiz. Question #1 is easy, and has nothing to do with any test. Hint: look at the photo.
    Holding company or not, GSachs, which is publicly held stock acquired K&N, not from the original private founders but from another investment group and, like any other investment when you put capital into that stock, you indirectly invest in all of its' holdings. Again, when Honda even acknowledges the test your questionnaire will gain any credibility. Right now you are fighting a losing battle, with yourself, convincing no one that the test you post is even remotely valid. Now instead of hard evidence you have gone to pictures, pictures are not evidence they NEED evidence to validate them, to back them up, what's next, finger painting.

Holding company or not, GSachs, which is publicly held stock acquired K&N, not from the original private founders but from another investment group and, like any other investment when you put capital into that stock, you indirectly invest in all of its' holdings. Again, when Honda even acknowledges the test your questionnaire will gain any credibility. Right now you are fighting a losing battle, with yourself, convincing no one that the test you post is even remotely valid. Now instead of hard evidence you have gone to pictures, pictures are not evidence they NEED evidence to validate them, to back them up, what's next, finger painting.
    Wow, I hope you didn't take my comments personally. That wasn't my intent. I've enjoyed several of your posts, and was impressed by how you handled the aftermath of your accident, especially the legal hurdles. That struck a chord because 5 years ago, after 600,000+ miles of safe riding, I had an accident. Thankfully my insurance company was great, so I didn't have to battle with them, but there were other challenges I never imagined.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm a former user of washable, oiled air filters, including K&N. I believed they were great, but became concerned after hearing complaints about their filtering effectiveness. So I did a lot of research and ended up changing my opinion based on the new (to me) information.

These are amazing engines that can last for hundreds of thousands of miles with minimal maintenance. The filters you choose probably make little difference as few of us will ever wear a GL engine out. In fact, the same logic may apply to oil. I recently read a study by Blackstone Labs that reviewed over 10,000 oil analyses and concluded that the brand of oil makes no measurable difference. For decades I've used Mobil 1 and always recommended it to others. But I'm now considering trying a less expensive brand. The problem these days is finding the stuff. The shelves are half empty at my nearby Walmart.

Wow, I hope you didn't take my comments personally. That wasn't my intent. I've enjoyed several of your posts, and was impressed by how you handled the aftermath of your accident, especially the legal hurdles. That struck a chord because 5 years ago, after 600,000+ miles of safe riding, I had an accident. Thankfully my insurance company was great, so I didn't have to battle with them, but there were other challenges I never imagined.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm a former user of washable, oiled air filters, including K&N. I believed they were great, but became concerned after hearing complaints about their filtering effectiveness. So I did a lot of research and ended up changing my opinion based on the new (to me) information.

These are amazing engines that can last for hundreds of thousands of miles with minimal maintenance. The filters you choose probably make little difference as few of us will ever wear a GL engine out. In fact, the same logic may apply to oil. I recently read a study by Blackstone Labs that reviewed over 10,000 oil analyses and concluded that the brand of oil makes no measurable difference. For decades I've used Mobil 1 and always recommended it to others. But I'm now considering trying a less expensive brand. The problem these days is finding the stuff. The shelves are half empty at my nearby Walmart.
    I couldn't take them personally because I don't know you. Difference of opinion is just that, no big deal. A good debate is good for everybody then you shake hands and have a beer. I did my own cases in US Tax Court and Federal District Court for years, hence the username, so my natural instinct is to pull apart evidence, it's in the DNA. Sometimes, I guess, I should just go past it, it's a process. No hard feelings at all. The meer fact we all have the same bike indicates our superior level of intelligence.

I’d like to hear about your court experience and the what/whys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    I’d like to hear about your court experience and the what/whys.
    Too big a topic to go through on a forum, the paperwork is staggering. I always told people it is easier to pay than not to. I filed "zero" returns, perfectly legal but a lot of work, audits and court appearances. Being NY is a piggyback state, your federal calculation is your state calculation, you have to fight both.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 05-03-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Too big a topic to go through on a forum, the paperwork is staggering. I always told people it is easier to pay than not to. I filed "zero" returns, perfectly legal but a lot of work, audits and court appearances. Being NY is a piggyback state, your federal calculation is your state calculation, you have to fight both.
    We don't need the transcript. Just a summary and the final ruling(s).

We don't need the transcript. Just a summary and the final ruling(s).
    Unless you know what form 17A is, why it is needed, what a zero return is, why you can file it legally, what is income etc, etc it doesn't mean anything. There are no final rulings because as Chief Judge Carol Amon of the Federal District Court said to the IRS attorney "If Mr. (My last name) is correct, he wins the case". If that happened everyone would so she dismissed the case "without prejudice". It was a warning shot to the IRS to just leave me alone or they might have a problem, and they did. It goes in very deep. State court is a different argument. IRS Audit different tactic.