Yep, I did it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yep, I did it

Yep, I did it

In my haste to finish the air filter/crank sensor fiasco I noticed one thing in, I the reflection of the car in front of me - there was no reflection, I forgot to connect the low beams, Hi-beams work.. Does anyone know where that plug is? Tell me it's not next to the air filter
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Are you sure you disconnected the low beams during the air filter/crank sensor work? I've never had to (even when I installed cruise). Any chance bulbs are blown?

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Are you sure you disconnected the low beams during the air filter/crank sensor work? I've never had to (even when I installed cruise). Any chance bulbs are blown?
    Not really sure, however, there was a red maie connector and a white female connector.that I vaguely recall, horizontal)y on top, that was unplugged during the filter change. As far as the bulbs, I'll check them but it looks too coincidental., as always, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    rd, you were right. Kind of strange they would both go at the same time, no?

https://youtu.be/mA9grHffT08

Is it possible that unbeknownst to you, you already had one bulb out and only noticed when the world went dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Is it possible that unbeknownst to you, you already had one bulb out and only noticed when the world went dark?
    It would have had to have happened within the last 2 weeks as being a new bike I had to have it inspected and they would have caught that, but anything is possible.

Just saw the you tube video of the headlamps blown out. FYI…those were brand new last summer just before my trip. Less than one year old, maybe 9,000 miles on them. Weird for them both to go at once.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Just saw the you tube video of the headlamps blown out. FYI…those were brand new last summer just before my trip. Less than one year old, maybe 9,000 miles on them. Weird for them both to go at once.
    Thats what I said, maybe I did it changing the filter or Crank Sensor, I have 2 bulbs coming tomorrow. I think she just misses you, she doesn't like NYC.

I'm sorry you had to pull it all back apart...but I'm glad that you found the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Thats what I said, maybe I did it changing the filter or Crank Sensor, I have 2 bulbs coming tomorrow. I think she just misses you, she doesn't like NYC.
    I thought I gave you a new set with the extra stuff? I liked to keep spares.
    Now the Crankshaft position sensor! What’s going on? You might be right about NYC lol. I never had any of these problems.
    Last edited by wjduke; 04-24-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.