Motorcycle Dash Cam
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Dash Cam

Motorcycle Dash Cam

I was inspired by another F6B rider, Tax-free, to install one of these cameras on my bike. I changed the install a bit and it came out nicely I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQIQiqabQAA

Good video, Great placement of the front camera.

What kind of fork tube protectors are those that you have installed? Do they work well? Any problem with moisture getting trapped and corroding the tubes?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Installed my cameras a couple of years ago on my '15. I mounted the front one in the same place you did. Ouch! After a few rides I noticed a small 'tick' on the front fender. A few more rides and it was obvious that my front camera was hitting the top of my fender. Crap! Was a perfect location but not so good for the fender. Had to move it under left fairing. Works well. Wide angle still gets everything.

Have mounted the front camera on the same location for the past few years as in the video as well the rear, absolutely no issues, confused as to how it would hit the fender, there is a lot of distance there between the camera and fender, measured 2+ inches clearance, you got that much travel while riding?
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-25-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Great video, nice, clean install. I had my original front camera on the 2013 mounted there also but , like gadgeteer, probably because of the potholes here in NYC, the camera left gouges in the top of the fender, in Florida, as I go down to Boynton Beach every 2 months, you don't have that problem. Also, the reason why I elevated the rear camera is when I was rear ended I had the back camera in about the same place, except centered and a little higher, and the 1st impact knocked it off and it didn't record the 2nd impact, we had an eyewitness for the second car's impact, as GEICO was claiming only one hit so they only had to pay once, but they paid twice.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I just posted this on the VTXOA forum...

I "generally" did the same thing with an INNOVV system. I did install the front camera over to left side. I wanted to make sure the front fender couldn't hit the camera if the front springs bottomed out.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Good video, Great placement of the front camera.

What kind of fork tube protectors are those that you have installed? Do they work well? Any problem with moisture getting trapped and corroding the tubes?

Thank you. Search for Neoprene Fork Guards on Amazon. They’re washable. Forks look like new.

Just measured and I have 2.5” between camera and fender. The bike has 4.8” of fork travel but I don’t know how much of that is already under compression from the weight of the bike and how much more it’s gonna compress when I get on it. We don’t have the potholes other areas have, especially in the Keys, so I’m doing some testing before I move it. If it’s close, I think I’ll rely on others' experience with my set up and err on the side of caution.

Yup I might be wrong since we don't have that many potholes and shitty roads here in CA, although I have pretty much traveled most states, but mostly the super slabs, and did not have had that issue(yet?)

Got on the bike, squeezed the front brake and rocked it to compress the forks and the camera came within 1/2” of the top of the fender. Moved the camera to the side. Thank you.