Torq Loopz Install Manual in Color

Thread: Torq Loopz Install Manual in Color

Torq Loopz Install Manual in Color

I have the Torq Loopz manual in color, much better than the B/W version if anyone wants it just email me taxfree4@juno.com
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

"JUNO.com" Wait...Let me get my stone tablet and bone chisel to send you an email to a domain that's THAT old!!!

I'm considering the Torq Loops because...Late last year...I hit a large rock with the front tire which kicked up and it dented the right side exhaust covers. It looked bad for the cover but the bike ran fine and I knew about how much space I had between the cover and the actual pipes. This week I got around to actually looking at the damage. Looks like I've got some small dents in the actual header pipes but nothing major. Worst is one of the bolt studs the header exhaust cover acorn nut goes on is bent also.

With Torq Loops, how much of the pipes are replaced. I'm asking because I can't see a connection point between the header pipes and the catalytic converter. My next website "stop" this morning will be an exploded view for parts.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    "JUNO.com" Wait...Let me get my stone tablet and bone chisel to send you an email to a domain that's THAT old!!!

I'm considering the Torq Loops because...Late last year...I hit a large rock with the front tire which kicked up and it dented the right side exhaust covers. It looked bad for the cover but the bike ran fine and I knew about how much space I had between the cover and the actual pipes. This week I got around to actually looking at the damage. Looks like I've got some small dents in the actual header pipes but nothing major. Worst is one of the bolt studs the header exhaust cover acorn nut goes on is bent also.

With Torq Loops, how much of the pipes are replaced. I'm asking because I can't see a connection point between the header pipes and the catalytic converter. My next website "stop" this morning will be an exploded view for parts.
    Juno was free back then, I've been a member 20 years now I think. Anyway it cuts out a large piece of pipe, including the cats so you figure it actually comes pretty far up the header right where they converge into one pipe. I attached 2 shots from under the bike and you can see where the clamp is that is the mouth of the Loopz so about 3-4 inches after the converge weld
    Attached Images Attached Images

Juno started in the mid 90's. Their "initial" service was an email only app that ran from a floppy disk. It would run on a windows 95 PCs with a modem. Running the program caused it to dial into a list of available phone numbers (most of which would be long distance) then download new email, upload replies, then disconnect. Kind of an early "mobile" app for email. Later the service was purchased by AOL and went that early "ISP" way for a few more years.

When you have a chance please email me a copy of the Torq Loopz manual in color at seasteve2@yahoo.com
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Juno started in the mid 90's. Their "initial" service was an email only app that ran from a floppy disk. It would run on a windows 95 PCs with a modem. Running the program caused it to dial into a list of available phone numbers (most of which would be long distance) then download new email, upload replies, then disconnect. Kind of an early "mobile" app for email. Later the service was purchased by AOL and went that early "ISP" way for a few more years.

When you have a chance please email me a copy of the Torq Loopz manual in color at seasteve2@yahoo.com
    I sent it to you from my gmail account which is taxfree4juno@gmail.com

I got it, Thank you.

Looks like all my rock damage is above the "cut" to remove the catalytic convertors this won't do me any good for that...But I just may pull the trigger anyway. Are there gaskets to replace where the pipes connect to the heads?

I got it, Thank you.

Looks like all my rock damage is above the "cut" to remove the catalytic convertors this won't do me any good for that...But I just may pull the trigger anyway. Are there gaskets to replace where the pipes connect to the heads?
    It comes with 2 new ones which I used for the Loopz/muffler connection so I reused the stock ones for the Loopz/header joint, they were fine.

Anyone ever weld em instead of gaskets?

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    It comes with 2 new ones which I used for the Loopz/muffler connection so I reused the stock ones for the Loopz/header joint, they were fine.
    I was referring to the "six" connection points where the pipes go back onto the engine exhaust ports. Often bikes and cars have a round "crush washer" type gasket that's replaced anytime the header pipes are removed. Part(s) number three in the picture.

Exhaust Gasket.jpg

I didnt replace the header gaskets. The header stud nuts were not very tight. So I took a chance that they would seal and "crush" a little more.
    They did seem to seal ok.
    My only concern was noticicng how deep the 02 sensors go in the pipe and taking up so much room for exhaust to get by.
    I guess its ok cause everything works as it should. Should have been a bigger pipe to compensate for the bottle neck.
    ITS ALL GOOD