Luggage fitment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luggage fitment

Luggage fitment

Hi guys.
    I'm planning a long trip and I'm trying to find the best bag that fits the rack and the backrest. as you all know, the passenger backrest is oval and is hard to find a bag that fits. I will take another bag that fits perfect on the passengers seat that I used before, but I need another one for the rack that would carry some of the stuff that I would use daily and a weekend bag is not big enough.
    Thanks for any info you can share.

Here's what I'm doing, leaving June 5th for a 3-4 week x-country, using the $30 Hart stackable medium tool box. I have the MP3 Rack, but I'm sure it'll work with any rack. Bolted to the rack it is waterproof, lockable and stackable. I had the smaller box, which I will use for easy access to maps and camera equipment, coffee making gear etc. The great part is after the trip I unbolt it and have another tool box. If you purchase an expensive top case the you'll only use when you do long trips or you could leave it on but we have the F6B because we didn't want a top case. Anyway, just an option
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

You're probably meaning the OEM rack. I have the Show Chrome luggage rack that's wider and I "LOVE" the Nelson Rigg NR-300. It fits perfectly on the larger aftermarket rack but would still fit on the OEM version also. The straps on the bottom are in the right places to hold it in place AND quick to release. I wouldn't trade it for a trunk if you paid me.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    You're probably meaning the OEM rack. I have the Show Chrome luggage rack that's wider and I "LOVE" the Nelson Rigg NR-300. It fits perfectly on the larger aftermarket rack but would still fit on the OEM version also. The straps on the bottom are in the right places to hold it in place AND quick to release. I wouldn't trade it for a trunk if you paid me.
    No it's the MP3 Luggage Rack which you can't get anymore, except used

https://youtu.be/zWp7I6JzfEU

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    No it's the MP3 Luggage Rack which you can't get anymore, except used
    Taxfree4, I was responding to the OP when you and I posted at the same time. You may have the MP3 but I "supposing" Perohijo has the OEM rack.

The look of MP3 is cool but I like the versatility of the Show Chrome rack. I've wrapped ROC straps and bungies in some creative ways to this rack.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Taxfree4, I was responding to the OP when you and I posted at the same time. You may have the MP3 but I "supposing" Perohijo has the OEM rack.

The look of MP3 is cool but I like the versatility of the Show Chrome rack. I've wrapped ROC straps and bungies in some creative ways to this rack.
    What are the odds of that.

I've got the 40L REAX Poseidon Dry Bag https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...sku_id=1643869 I took that on an overnight with a lady friend. It had enough room in it that I gave her one of my saddle bags, used the other saddle bag for snacks/drinks/tools/flat tire equipment. I was able to fit two days worth of cloths, my CPAP machine, my drone, and toiletries in there with some room to spare. I bought it on sale for around $68, haven't taken it through any rough weather yet, although I'm planning some long trips to Utah/Colorado in the next few months so I expect I'll need the water proofness.

Edit: It fit well on the backseat and on the rack.
    Last edited by Eternalydamd; 05-19-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Here's the box fitment, $30 for the box $15 for the parts

https://youtu.be/T5rgi7zI95U

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Here's the box fitment, $30 for the box $15 for the parts

https://youtu.be/T5rgi7zI95U
    We done

https://youtu.be/PE8gz0KjvUA

Thanks for the tip. It is a good option.