Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am taking a close look at the FB6. I'm starting to think it checks the all the boxes for my next 2-up motorcycle.

I've ridden for a long time and have had something like 30 street motorcycles over the years. My riding leans (pun intended) toward the sporty side of sport touring. And I tend to ride 100-600 miles when I throw a leg over. These days, I have a self-imposed limit of 2 motorcycles in the garage. 1 for solo rides and the other for 2up with the missus.

I have a BMW R1200R water boxer, which has become my all-time favorite motorcycle. It does everything really well, except my passenger doesn't care for the rear seat.

I've gone through a number of 2 up motorcycles...cruisers and sport tourers. The missus prefers cruisers, but none of them seem to hold my interest because of their suspension/handling/performance limitations. I currently have a 2010 Kawasaki Nomad 1700. It has factory cruise control & it's the best handling of any big cruiser I've ridden. But it's still a cruiser.

I've ridden a 2014 Valkyrie. I loved the motor, but the rest of it didn't make sense for me.
    I really wanted to like the CTX1300, but it wasn't Honda's best effort.
    I wanted her to like the R1200RT, bit she didn't.
    The BMW K1600 is also on my short list.

That brings me to the F6B...I've sat on a couple F6Bs, but haven't had a chance to ride one yet. How is the cornering capability compared a cruiser? How about passenger comfort compared to GW..is is good enough to keep the missus happy for 2-3 hour rides?
    Last edited by tpoppa; 05-27-2022 at 07:43 AM.