Introduction - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Having owned many MC sport and cruisers must say that the F6B is on top of my list, it has the torque of the sportbike (not so pronounced) but there, and rides like a Cadillac.

For the comfort of the passenger, I cannot vouch, although my riding buddies who carry their spouses state that they were happy with the layout and seat comfort, however they did have aftermarket seats, which I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    however they did have aftermarket seats, which I highly recommend.
    That's good info. Is the stock seat not great for long distance? I remember not liking the seat on the 2014 Valkyrie.

A 2015-16 Deluxe seems to be what I am after. Cruise is a must for me. Backrest is a must for her.
    Last edited by tpoppa; 05-26-2022 at 07:50 AM.

On my 3rd 2015 Deluxe, you are right, that is a good choice, the stock seat gives me MonkeyButt within 100 Miles, so depending on your behind, the choices are many.

Look into an RDL, that should fit the bill, fully customized for you and the passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Clinton, Ohio is about a hour west of me. Nice area. Weather should be warm. Cant tell about rain that far out.
    Enjoy your trip and be safe.
    Rain or shine I'll be there, my youngest son came to his senses and found an Ohio farm girl to marry. From there going west.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Let me know, I cash in on that brew.

Are you coming down further south from BigLarry?

If so there are some other peeps with F6B"s who want to meet you .
    Absolutely, camping out all the way West with a stop at Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon. Coming into Ca. through Irvine, visiting an old neighbor, then North. Pucker up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    You're going to miss Ohio Bike Week?
    I tried to convince my son to coordinate his wedding that week but like a good future husband he asked his future wife. She threw the dirt on that one.

Welcome,

You'll find the stock seat is okay, I used it for a good 20k miles before putting on a Corbin. My lady loved the stock seat with the back rest, took her on a few 4-5 hour long riding days. Now she raves about the Corbin, loves the back rest on it even more.

A sheep skin cover works wonders for monkey butt.
    ITS ALL GOOD

OOC, does it take a lot of effort to get an F6B on/off its center stand? I've never had a center stand on a bike this size.

Also, has resale gone up a lot recently? I thought these were going around 10k a year or 2 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tpoppa View Post
    OOC, does it take a lot of effort to get an F6B on/off its center stand? I've never had a center stand on a bike this size.

Also, has resale gone up a lot recently? I thought these were going around 10k a year or 2 ago.
    It does not. There is a technique to it.

Put all of your weight with your right foot on the centerstand pedal and pull up with your right hand on the passenger hand grip.

In the above video, Cruiseman rocks the bike back pretty hard. You can use the same technique but don't have to put that much effort into it. You can feel the bike start to pivot towards the total upright centerstand deployment and slow it down just before it stops hard at the end of motion.

I always use my centerstand when at home.
    Last edited by willtill; 05-27-2022 at 08:57 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537