How many F6B owners are racing fans?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many F6B owners are racing fans?

How many F6B owners are racing fans?

Just curious if any of us follow motorcycle racing? I'm a big fan of roadracing, Motoamerica,Moto GP mostly. I keep my eye on WSBK, AFT also. Since this is my first Honda street bike I'm more interested in guys on Honda's then ever before.

I follow F1 and Indycar, and watch some Moto GP races. I've thought about riding to Austin for the Moto GP there -- maybe next year. There isn't much around here to see in person, except at High Plains Raceway, about an hour away, where the MRA runs a few times a year. It's a nice track, 2.55 miles with 13 turns and 300' in elevation change. I was there for an MRA event a few weeks ago. The price is right: since COVID they've been waiving admission charges.

I quit watching nascar when they started using the term "play offs". IT AINT FOOTBALL or BASEBALL!
    Too much politics. You do something within the rules, to give you an edge, they make a new rule and kill it.
    God forbid anyone has an edge. Why even keep score?
    Just give everybody a trophy, and ice cream.
    But Duking it out after,,,, Thats racing.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Love all form of racing. 2 wheels, 4 wheels, it’s all great.

I didn't mention I follow F1 and Indy car somewhat also IMSA just for the variety of brands involved. My favorite car racing is NHRA though, it's a must see in person event. The nitro cars are just unbelievable, the smell and sound the beating on your chest.

I agree that the top fuel nitro cars in NHRA are an experience unlike any other. Here in Colorado you used to be able to get very close to the start line. When they launched it was awesome. I was always amazed how the sound and vibration set off car alarms in the parking lot hundreds of yards away. Even now, you can still get pretty close in the pits when they start them up after rebuilds.

Nearly as good were the F1 cars before they switched to hybrid. I attended the inaugural F1 race in Austin in 2012, when they still ran normally aspirated V8s revving over 19,000 RPM. Today's cars sound OK, but nothing like that.

As for NASCAR, I'll agree that the series has become a little silly. I understand the need to make racing competitive to draw crowds and boost TV ratings, but they've gone too far. Maybe they picked up new fans, but they've lost others, including me.

Today is the day! F1 at Monaco, Indy 500, and NASCAR Coca Cola 600. And it's raining in Monaco to make things really interesting.

Plus MotoGP in Italy! I was at the Indy 500 for Danica's last race. It was something like 95 degrees 1 degree short of the record I believe, sitting elbow to elbow in turn 4. Never do that again but glad I went once.

As a retired (privateer) road racer - I'm a fan. I have a dream of someday attending Isle of Man. Like an ice hockey game, watching a motorcycle race is so much better live than on TV!
    BD970934-B378-422D-A350-579C8F00DC73_1_105_c.jpg

Isle of Man would be great to see. Along with Pikes Peak, it's about the only major race where fans can get really close to the action. Dangerously close: that waiver on the back of your ticket actually means something!

Racing has become extremely safe today and that's a good thing. In the past we lost too many great drivers (Clark, Senna, and Earnhardt) and fans (83 at LeMans in '55). But all the safety measures have made racing less enjoyable to watch in person. Speedways have so many layers of catch fencing that they resemble maximum security prisons, and with the cockpit enclosures in F1 and Indy you can barely tell there's a driver inside.