How many F6B owners are racing fans? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many F6B owners are racing fans?

Past weekend was spent at Road America, for the Moto America series, At Elkhart Lake, Wi. Great racing, 4.2 mile track. Next month I will be riding my f6 to neighboring state of Minnisotta, to Brainerd raceway, to watch another series of the Moto America races.

Certainly the electronics are "killing" the skills of the riders. To see races with racers with square balls I recommend watching T.T. Isle of Man. These guys went crazy. Something lighter is the SuperBike world championship with hardly any electronic aids and with stock derived bikes. Luckily in Europe I have been able to enjoy almost all specialties, but certainly, if we talk about spectacular, I have to say that the most impressive are the truck races on circuit and that now are very limited.

Racing fans, try still racing. 😁 check out my YouTube channel. Kolsch221 t.

MotoAmerica Superbike and MotoGP are the win for me. I also kinda like to watch NASCAR, BUT only on the 'road' courses where they have to turn right. I love to watch the crashes...

I got Covid so didn't get to run over to "The Ridge" in Shelton WA, but I got to watch it on YouTube. It's on my list for next summer now.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Nuts for MotoGP, WSBK, BSB. Have just subscribed to MotoAmerica also, and hope to attend at “The Ridge” in a couple weeks, a track I have ridden.
    No interest in F1 anymore, and don’t consider NASCAR racing.
    DarkKnt did you make it to The Ridge? if so how was the venue? I plan to camp there next summer since I didn't make it this year.

I rode out to High Plains Raceway yesterday for an MRA event. It's a 2.5 mile track with 13 turns and 300+ feet in elevation changes. This was the top event, the 'Race of the Rockies' for GTU/GTO classes. It was great with lots of passing between the leaders. Admission was free, and spectators can get close to the action.

No, I'm afraid I didn't. Told my wife I was thinking about going and she had to tell me about the surprise birthday party she had planned for me that same weekend! Watched all the races from home. I will be there to ride in a couple weeks though, after 2 years away!

dang. well we both have something to look forward to next year! My wife has bought in to camping at the track too. I just have to promise to go rock picking with her at the beaches later!

Vintage Racing

I rode out to the nearby track yesterday to watch some vintage car races. It was a lot like a car show but better since they were being driven hard, as they were built to do. They even had a charity fundraiser during lunch where for a $50 donation you could take a 3 lap ride around the track in one of the racers or a few modern supercars. One guy was giving rides in his McLaren.

Like a car show, the owners are more than happy to tell you all you want to know (or more) about their cars. Here were a few of what was racing...

A great looking Javelin that unfortunately was getting trailered after a mechanical problem.

A beautiful pair of GT350s. Surprisingly they weren't as fast as I expected.

An extremely rare Marcos. These were made with a variety of engines; this had a Volvo 1800.

The Marcos had a plywood frame, part of which is visible in the trunk.

The site limits posts to 4 photos, so here are two more. This is another very rare car, an old German NSU TT with a massive oil cooler for the 1200 cc rear engine.

Alcohol is prohibited until the final checkered flag, so these guys made due with cardboard beer during the races.