Just a heads up

Thread: Just a heads up

Just a heads up

If you're ever camping in Little Bear Campground, in Nashville, IL, right on Washington County Lake, the woodpecker starts at 5:00 a.m. Note to self: bring your slinshot. Anyway, perfect weather for riding and camping, in Branson, Missouri headed west.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taxfree4; 06-05-2022 at 05:57 PM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Nice. This inspires me to want to go take a night or two alone and camp outdoors. Be a nice break.

Quote Originally Posted by glengarrygr View Post
    Nice. This inspires me to want to go take a night or two alone and camp outdoors. Be a nice break.
    Do it, it is a must for anyone. Just you, nature and time alone to think and enjoy without ANY distractions, except for a woodpecker or two. BTW, that's the Nemo Aurora 2 Man tent REI has it for $220. Did a lot of research when my previous tent sprung a leak and this is a fantastic tent, fits in the saddlebag perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    If you're ever camping in Little Bear Campground, in Nashville, IL, right on Washington County Lake, the woodpecker starts at 5:00 a.m. Note to self: bring your slinshot. Anyway, perfect weather for riding and camping, in Branson, Missouri headed west.
    Reminds me of a night camping in France a few years ago. Beautiful scenic spot with an old stone farm house and gorgeous views. And a peacock. Don’t ever camp where there’s a peacock. Damn thing let out an unholy screech every 10 minutes starting at 1am. Sounded like something from “Jurassic Park” was about to eat us…. I wanted to shoot it. Only night we camped in 2 months of touring.

Quote Originally Posted by glengarrygr View Post
    Agree.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

As long as the little pecker doesn't hammer on the bike.
    We had a peacock and hen walk up the driveway and settle to a few oaks in our back yard. Very young birds. About 6 months and the male started sounding off. We caught it, put it in a large trash can and relocated it on a farm about 30 miles away. Peace and quiet.

My brother had peacocks, they like beer, and wine. Dont set your cup down and keep it covered!
    If a male is called a peacock, what is a female called??
    ITS ALL GOOD

Peahen.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    So cool seeing you enjoying the bike. I know you changed a lot, but I always said I’d ride her to California in a heart beat, just let me check the tire pressures. Continued good luck!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    So cool seeing you enjoying the bike. I know you changed a lot, but I always said I’d ride her to California in a heart beat, just let me check the tire pressures. Continued good luck!
    Wayne, she just glides, I can't thank enough, after 4 years being caged up I am in paradise out on the open road. Tomorrow, Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. BTW, that cross is the largest cross in the Western Hemisphere, 19 stories high, 190 ft in Groom, Texas. I saw that cross from 6 miles out
    Attached Images Attached Images