Klock Werks windshield update! - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks windshield update!

NEW WINDSHIELD

Finally broke down the other day and purchased the Klock Werks Windshield and it really makes a big difference between the original one I purchased and this one. This keeps a lot more air off the face and it looks better than the slipstream windshield. There is one draw back and its the price. You could almost purchase two slipstreams for the price of the Klock Werks. I am 6 feet and the difference is very apparent when riding. Love the look. I purchase the smoked one for the F6B.

Please post pics

A buddy of mine received his Klock Werks today. It looks great on the bike and at normal highway speeds he really likes it. He's 6'4". There is a flaw in his that looks like there was a smudge on the surface of the substrate when it was coated. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but I wouldn't be very happy with a product of that price having a flaw that was so apparent. But I do have to say, it does look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort. When you get above 80 mph it really beats you up. Got an ear ache on the way home from Daytona Fl. Last night and riding back to Daytona this Morning made it worse. Taking it off to see if I can drill a new hole and maybe gain an inch in Height and see if it Helps. The shield needs to be taller and Wider and maybe and angle change. Just my opinion but you know what they say about Opinions..............Dickie
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    The reason they told me this is because after the Klock Werks Windshield beat my ears up (I wear a Carbon Fiber Half Shell helmet) At 78 mph and gave me an ear ache I returned to Daytona to get a Refund and my old Windshield reinstalled. (I only Live 52 miles South Of Daytona so I only put 104 miles on it. Its as new) They said they do not accept returns. Something they neglected to tell me at time of sale) They said you bought it you own it. Then they gave me the above explanation!........Dickie
    Sounds like Klockwerks is giving you the run-a-round. Their own website claims the shield will improve rider comfort. Here is a quote from Klock Werks.

Klock Werks patented FLARE™ Windshield design features "hips" on the outer edge of the shield that re-route the air, adding downforce, which aids stability. The innovative "flip" at the top sends the air up, and back as directed air, which allows it to be clean, less turbulent air compared to a stock shield. "A stock shield simply pushes air. So any air that escapes around it is choppy, turbulent air that can make your helmet shake, your glasses fly up." explains Brian Klock. "Many times, a rider doesn't realize how uncomfortable it is, until they try a FLARE™. Then they wonder how they ever rode without one!" Besides how well the FLARE™ performs, it looks great too, adding style to the already nice lines of your bike. Klock Werks FLARE™ for Honda is made from .177 hard-coated polycarbonate material for lasting durability. Gold Wing riders are known to be tourers, and Klock Werks is confident that they will appreciate how the FLARE™ will improve comfort, as well as aid performance of an already great bike. The FLARE™ is easy to install on your Gold Wing using factory mounting hardware.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

MadStad's Windshield design provide clean, less turbulent air compared to a stock shield. "A stock shield simply pushes air. So any air that escapes around it is choppy, turbulent air that can make your helmet shake, your glasses fly up." explains Scotrod. "Many times, a rider doesn't realize how uncomfortable it is, until they try a MADSTAD. Then they wonder how they ever rode without one!" Once you've had a MADSTAD, and seen first hand how well it performs, you really won't give a rats azz if it looks great! Gold Wing riders are known to be tourers, and MADSTAD is confident that they will appreciate how the MADSTAD SYSTEM will improve comfort, as well as aid performance of an already great bike. The MADSTAD is easy to install on your Gold Wing using factory mounting hardware.

Fixed it fer ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

MadStad's Windshield design provide clean, less turbulent air compared to a stock shield. "A stock shield simply pushes air. So any air that escapes around it is choppy, turbulent air that can make your helmet shake, your glasses fly up." explains Scotrod. "Many times, a rider doesn't realize how uncomfortable it is, until they try a MADSTAD. Then they wonder how they ever rode without one!" Once you've had a MADSTAD, and seen first hand how well it performs, you really won't give a rats azz if it looks great! Gold Wing riders are known to be tourers, and MADSTAD is confident that they will appreciate how the MADSTAD SYSTEM will improve comfort, as well as aid performance of an already great bike. The MADSTAD is easy to install on your Gold Wing using factory mounting hardware.

Fixed it fer ya!
    I'm pretty sure most F6 owners bought them over a regular Goldwing because lets face it the Goldwing looks like an old man's bike and the F6 just looks cooler and performs better. We all want a functional windshield while still trying to maintain the chopped down stealth look of the stock F6. I'm sure the Mad Stat shield works great, but it definitely doesn't look as good as the Klockwerks. If the Klockwerks provides good wind protection while looking great then it is a viable option. I think a lot of it will depend on rider torso height and rider position. I have ordered a Klockwerks and will see how well it works for me. I also have a tall 19" shield with vent on order so I can compare them. I'm expecting to look over the Klockwerks and through the 19". Won't know for sure until I try them both.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    LOL!!!

X,,, I know you recently joined,,,

On occasions, I tend to

I saw an opportunity, and I took it! LOL!!!

Nah,,, I'm a 'function over form' kinda guy, so lookin cool isn't real high on my list. Doesn't mean others feel the same.

Got a stack of 'flipper' shields here left over from the last bike. And several 'traditional' shields for it as well.

Kwerks may werk for some, but I really have never been too impressed with the 'technology' any 'flipper' brings to the plate.

But, they do look cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    LOL!!!

X,,, I know you recently joined,,,

On occasions, I tend to

I saw an opportunity, and I took it! LOL!!!

Nah,,, I'm a 'function over form' kinda guy, so lookin cool isn't real high on my list. Doesn't mean others feel the same.

Got a stack of 'flipper' shields here left over from the last bike. And several 'traditional' shields for it as well.

Kwerks may werk for some, but I really have never been too impressed with the 'technology' any 'flipper' brings to the plate.

But, they do look cool!

I understand. I like stirring the pot occasionally as well. I actually did get a good laugh out of your post.

As it turns out my 19" Slipstreamer shield arrived tonight and I already installed it and took a quick spin up to 70 MPH and it works great. No wind roar or buffeting. It's tall, but I actually don't mind the look. I'm also more about function than form. I may just return the Klockwerks when it arrives since I'm very happy with the function and look of the tall shield. When my Harley buddies call me an old man I'll just ask them if they want to race so they could see my backside.

Klockwerks

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I'm pretty sure most F6 owners bought them over a regular Goldwing because lets face it the Goldwing looks like an old man's bike and the F6 just looks cooler and performs better. We all want a functional windshield while still trying to maintain the chopped down stealth look of the stock F6. I'm sure the Mad Stat shield works great, but it definitely doesn't look as good as the Klockwerks. If the Klockwerks provides good wind protection while looking great then it is a viable option. I think a lot of it will depend on rider torso height and rider position. I have ordered a Klockwerks and will see how well it works for me. I also have a tall 19" shield with vent on order so I can compare them. I'm expecting to look over the Klockwerks and through the 19". Won't know for sure until I try them both.
    A huge improvement over the OEM windshield, killer looks and cuts the wind of my face......Yes, I know, the price is high but....worked in my opinion...

Love it

My Klockwerks was the first thing I fitted to my new 2015. I love it, and yes, it may be expensive, but you get what you pay for.
    I bought from Wingstuff, and sent painlessly to me in Australia.
    Simple to fit.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    image.jpg
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA