Klock Werks windshield update! - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks windshield update!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    So do you not think it does much? I tested one on my SG and it seemed to move a lot of air over my head.
    One of the reasons the shield works better on the SG than the RG is the fact that you sit closer to the shield on the handlebar mount fairing than the RG frame mount fairing. The riding position of the F6, in relation to sitting further back from shield is more like the RG, than the SG. However, from the pictures of the KW shield, it appears that it is designed to sit further back and closer to the rider than any other aftermarket shield, which in my opinion will make it work better than most. But, I am looking forward to having some adjustability with the Madstad.

The KW didnt work for me on my RG either, then I bought Madstad and although not pretty, it worked.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I also tried 2 different sizes on my RG and with lowers and without . for some reason the SG was better .
    I think the F6B might be better because better air control from the bottom . Right now running the tall honda with vent which is great but not cool as Klockwerks

Just thought I would throw this out to see what others are experiencing with different windshields and highway pegs. I have the Mick-O-Pegs and noticed with my old 11" BaggerShield that when I extended my feet out on the pegs that I got an annoying amount of air coming up the front of my leg causing buffeting around my face. It was bad enough that I only used the pegs long enough to stretch my legs and then back on the factory pegs.

After installing the Madstad Shield and getting that dialed in the problem with air in the face when using the Mick-O-pegs was gone. Not sure why but a welcome benefit for me.

UPS just notified me my Klock works shield arrives tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    Maybe mine will show up too

Please follow up with report , wind protection and noise . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    Well did it show up? inquiring minds.... and all that stuff

I HAVE NOT heard a word on the one I ordered.

Update: I just received an e-mail from the brown truck guys that a package from Klock Werks has been put into their system and I can expect delivery of said package in 5 days...hummm... South Dakota to Calif. Sounds about right for the dead of winter

Pic as soon as I have it installed and a comprehensive review as soon as I get a few miles of steady of wind across the shield.

Well, they faked me out with the ups notification. All I got was a bottle of windshield cleaner and a little card that said I am amongst the first people who will receive the new windshield and it had a hand written #5 on it. So guess I get the 5th one?